always sick

For discussion of Chronic Diseases such as Obesity, Cancer, Heart Disease, Diabetes, etc.
aliengal24

Post by aliengal24 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:42 am

Hi everyone,

I'm so down today. I've been sick for about a month straight with sinus problems and my glands are swollen and I've been on anti-biotics which makes my stomach upset and cause other issues as well. I got a little better, but then it came back and I had to go on more anti-biotics. I've been trying home remedies and such with some relief..but the anti biotics are helping very much. My glands are still swollen. WHen the doctor looks in my ears throats and nose she says everything looks fine. That scares me...cause I mean what's wrong with me then? My father had tonsil cancer...doctors didn't know what was wrong with him then...until he finally got a biopsy. But I feel like no doctors care right now. I have an appointment on Monday with an ear, nose and throat doctor who is really good. So we'll see how that goes. I know I may sound like a hypochondriac..but I can't stand being sick anymore. My throat kills and my glands are so swollen. On top of all of this I went back to college a couple weeks ago and have been struggling to do well there as well with coping with being sick. I'm just real down and depressed because of feeling so sick lately...I keep telling myself I'm going to get better and everything will be great...but then I just keep feeling sick. Does anybody have any advice or kind words? Thanks in advance.

Larissa

Post by Larissa » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:24 pm

Carla,
I am sorry you are not feeling well right now. I can relate to you. I've been having sinus problems as well & have an appointment with an ENT doctor on Tuesday. I've been trying home remedies as well but every night I get stuffed up and feel like my head is a weight. Doesn't make you want to go to sleep, you know. I hope that you are using the relaxation suggestions from the program because you have a lot on your plate with school, your dad, etc. I will keep you in my prayers & I hope things get better for you!
The Lord has not given me the spirit of fear but of power, love and a strong mind.

aliengal24

Post by aliengal24 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:01 am

Larrissa,

Thanks for responding. I'm sorry to hear about your sinus issues also. It's not fun at all! My dad had cancer years ago and he's doing well now and recovered. I'm just nervous that there might be something serious wrong with me. My appointment is tomorrow..so hopefully they'll run some tests and know how to cure me. I'm just so sick of feeling sick all of the time. It's depressing. I hope your doctor(s) know what to do with you also. I'll pray for you. Good luck with everything. Feel free to let me know how the doctors went. I'd like to hear.

TeresaHK

Post by TeresaHK » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:30 pm

Sorry to hear you are sick! I am recently having panic attacks again. I had them 3 years ago, did only part of this program, then stopped. I wish I had kept going with this program, I probably wouldn't be here if I had!

Both times I have had anxiety I have had symptoms of illness that won't go away. It is very frustrating and easy to focus on the symptoms, at least for me.

I had bronchitis 6 weeks ago and I still am coughing sometimes, still have congestion. But my hubby reminded me that this happened last time I was having panic attacks. I have realized I need to focus on getting my anxiety under control. Once I do, I think my body will work better, if that makes sense.

Take good care of yourself! I am still sucking on zinc lozenges, taking Umcka by Natures Way and taking olive leaf. I don't know if any of this helps, but know that you are not alone.

I hope you feel better soon!

Larissa

Post by Larissa » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:55 pm

Carla,
Thank you for the prayers. I will keep you and Teresa in my prayers as well. The ENT looked me over & scheduled a routine CT scan (to get a better look) in 1-2 weeks. Said it could be inflammation at night due to pollution in the area. Gave me steriod spray & pill to take a night if I'd like. So... guess I'll wait on the next test but I'm dealing.
The Lord has not given me the spirit of fear but of power, love and a strong mind.

aliengal24

Post by aliengal24 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:20 pm

Hi Teresa, Sorry to hear that you are sick too! I guess what has been wrong with me is that I need my wisdom teeth out. It has been causing my glands to swell up really bad in my neck and my teeth are aching. I couldn't get an appointment until Oct 9, so in the mean time I suppose I'll also have to deal. I hope your bronchitis and cough ease up... I've also realized that if I'm anxious I end up getting physically sick. We need to learn to relax! I just did my relaxation cd a lil while ago..I was in a angry/anxious mood, and it did help. I'm still a little on edge, but definitly not as much.

Larissa, I hope the Ct scan goes well. I don't know what part of the country you're from, but I know that here in New England it's ragweed season making lots of us sick with bad allergies. I wish you luck

Bless us all.

wormlady

Post by wormlady » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:57 pm

Carla, I went through the teeth issue 20 years ago and did not stop at wisdom teeth, I told them to take them all out, and they did. I went about 10 years before I had sinus issues again ( I lived on "sinu-Tabs" from age 9 until they all came out, I was about 25 years old). They could not pay me enough money to take those teeth back. It was one of the probably 2 things I have done right over my lifetime. The down side is that when I do get a sinus infection (and I think I have had maybe 3 since I still get a tooth ache, except there is nothing to pull out. I couldn't believe it the first time it happened, it actually felt like the molars on the left side of my face were going to explode...but they were gone 10 years earlier. Atleast I knew what it wasn't!! Good luck!

Return to “Chronic Disease Sufferers”