New here! Eye pain, ringing ears...anxiety??

For discussion of Chronic Diseases such as Obesity, Cancer, Heart Disease, Diabetes, etc.
USN78

Post by USN78 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:43 pm

Hello everyone, I like all of you have been looking for some answers as to why I am feeling the way I have for about a year now. Have been to several docs to include nurologists and had 2 MRI's on head and neck. I am currently seeing a psychiatrist and am on ativan 1 mg for sleep and luvox cr 200 mg for anxiety. Tried zoloft went all the way to max dose and no luck. The symptoms I am experiencing are daily almost all the time...eye pains (as if they are going to explode), sweaty palms, ringing in ears, heart palpitations, occasional hot flashes, anxious and the occasional head pains. So I'm wondering has anyone else had these symptoms? Especially the eyes, if it werent for that, sometimes I would just forget about all the other stuff. No one seems to have eye pains from what I am reading. I find myself thinking it cant be anxiety it has to be somethng worse like a tumor that went undetected early, paranoid szophrenia (am I going nuts), fibro, lyme disease etc. If it is anxiety how many meds have some of you gone through till you found the right one? How do you know when to stick with it? The luvox seems some days to be ok then bam, back to the symptoms. I'm afraid I am going to max out luvox as well and there might not be any hope for relief. Please give advice and thanks for all of your time.

vicky for God

Post by vicky for God » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:59 pm

Eye pain yes some. I also get dry eyes, and ear pain. Anxity can just be a big pain in the butt. My eye Dr. told me to use eye drops because the dryness can be causing them to hurt. Hang in there, you had 2 MRI's done and they found nothing. Just keep reminding yourself that they found nothing.
God Bless

beckyl

Post by beckyl » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:03 pm

I get a lot of pressure behind my eyes, as well as dry eyes. I also get a lot of blurred vision. If you've been checked out through and through and they didn't find anything that anxiety may be the culprit. Anxiety can cause a wide variety of symptoms, and can also differ from person to person. There are some textbook symptoms, but not everyone has the same problems. Hope this helps.

-Becky

Freckles

Post by Freckles » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:05 pm

yes-I've had these syptoms that you explain. Nothing ever seems to be found wrong with me either. I am on effexor 75mg a day (low dose) but not sure if it actually helps. I also used to think it can't be anxiety. Now after being on theprogram I realize alot of it is caused by scarey thoughts. Are you on the program? It really helps

USN78

Post by USN78 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:54 pm

Thanks for the replies, glad to hear others with the pain/pressure in the eyes. My therapist said today that eye pain is not common but there are those few cases. I have just been toying with the free trial of the program but think it is pretty good so far. One of the things I like is all the forums and the people who can relate. Lets you know your not the only one. I believe every day that goes by I am coming to terms with this as anxiety and eventually things will get better. So Freckles how long have you been on effexor and have you considered increasing your dose? 75mg is low for that drug from what I hear and read about. Thanks again for the replies it made my night.

Susan L

Post by Susan L » Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:33 pm

Hi - Please be tested for lyme disease with the western blot test. I have chronic lyme disease and suffered with many of the same symptoms for years and had several negative lyme tests with the elisa test. Many of my symptoms have improved dramatically with treatment. It's going to be a long haul, but I'm so thankful I found out what was causing my problems.
Originally posted by USN78:
Hello everyone, I like all of you have been looking for some answers as to why I am feeling the way I have for about a year now. Have been to several docs to include nurologists and had 2 MRI's on head and neck. I am currently seeing a psychiatrist and am on ativan 1 mg for sleep and luvox cr 200 mg for anxiety. Tried zoloft went all the way to max dose and no luck. The symptoms I am experiencing are daily almost all the time...eye pains (as if they are going to explode), sweaty palms, ringing in ears, heart palpitations, occasional hot flashes, anxious and the occasional head pains. So I'm wondering has anyone else had these symptoms? Especially the eyes, if it werent for that, sometimes I would just forget about all the other stuff. No one seems to have eye pains from what I am reading. I find myself thinking it cant be anxiety it has to be somethng worse like a tumor that went undetected early, paranoid szophrenia (am I going nuts), fibro, lyme disease etc. If it is anxiety how many meds have some of you gone through till you found the right one? How do you know when to stick with it? The luvox seems some days to be ok then bam, back to the symptoms. I'm afraid I am going to max out luvox as well and there might not be any hope for relief. Please give advice and thanks for all of your time.

abbette

Post by abbette » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:23 pm

Get this book! Psychosis or transcedence...Kundalini it explains all the weird stuff that happens to ppl when they are awakening to there higher power

IKnit

Post by IKnit » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:48 pm

me me! I get eye pain! It's funny, I don't notice it unless I think about it I will feel it, as with most of my other symptoms (I fear mostly a brain tumor, but haven't had an MRI since I was 12, I'm 27 now.) However, I am told that it is my anxiety - it is VERY powerful for me. It's funny too, for years my "tumor" went away, and then it came back again. Seems to run in courses with my depression, anxiety and when I'm really overwhelmed.

I hope you feel better soon. :)
Jen
mommy to two beautiful children and wife to wonderful hubby of 6 years.

lar

Post by lar » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:32 pm

I do not have eye pain, but ringing ears, I was tested no hearing loss, a cat scan and nothing. I was told to see a psychiatrist( had to look that up and I used to be a good speller) ruined by spell check. It did not help and I am learning to live with it, I found if I think about it- it tends to get worse.

mysticalgumballs

Post by mysticalgumballs » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:01 am

hah! weird. I have had eye pain, dry eyes, ringing ears, 'visual snow', anxiety and panic attacks for about 2 years. Have had depression for longer. Also lately have been experiencing dizzyness and vertigo which comes out of the blue. I have no idea what this website is just stumbled across it by google searching 'sore eyes and anxiety' and I'm surprised to find that other people have this condition, because no doctor seems to find the connection or understand why I have what I have.

Return to “Chronic Disease Sufferers”