eating disorders

For discussion of Chronic Diseases such as Obesity, Cancer, Heart Disease, Diabetes, etc.
JodyLynn

Post by JodyLynn » Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:39 pm

I have to ask, does anyone here suffer with an eating disorder? I have dealt with this for 14 1/2 years and am in the program, session two, and I feel overwhelmed. I am really enjoying the program and I'm hoping it's going to help with my ED because for me it's all related. I am also an alcoholic and a caffeine junkie. Is there hope for me???

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:55 pm

If your hope is the size of a seed, you can move mountains!! They will explain you what to do about that forward in the program..Liz

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:04 pm

Thank you Liz.
Originally posted by Moontale:
If your hope is the size of a seed, you can move mountains!! They will explain you what to do about that forward in the program..Liz

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:40 am

Hi Jody,
I used to suffer with Bulimia. I was in an outpatient eating disorder program for 6 months and then struggled with symptoms for the next 6 years. I haven't had symptoms for the last 5 years. Not to say that I always love my body but I'm not obsessed with weight anymore.
I do think depression and anxiety made me susceptible to the bulimia.
I am not a professional and I don't know how severe your ED is or which one you have been struggling with. But I do think that this program will help with some of the underlying causes. But if your ED is pretty severe and the alcohol addiction is severe you may want to find specific programs to deal with that.
I just know because of dealing with an eating disorder that it is a disease and can produce thoughts of your own.
I know there is hope for you. The first step is to realize you have a problem. It may be less overwhelming and more effective to deal with one thing at a time.
Faith

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:34 am

Thanks Faith. It does seem overwhelming to deal with it all. I have been in treatment once for the ED and twice for the alcohol. I was in Marshfeild, WI July 2-19 for rehab but I'm still struggling. I'll try to take it one step at a time. Thanks again. Jody

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:40 pm

Jody,
That is great that you have made the commitment to help yourself. Hopefully, with the past treatments everything will come together!!
Faith

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:18 pm

I am sorry but I can't believe that noone else here suffers with an eating disorder. So many people are affected by them and I just have a hard time believing more of you have not dealt with this disorder. It is so prevelant. I could really use some support on this. Thanks, Jody

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:33 am

I have struggled with different eating disorders since atleast high school, probably earlier than that. I noticed that my eating cycles change with my depression: I can't even force myself to eat if I am anxious, or I will eat all the junk in site if I am depressed. I know that they are all tied together and am so nervous because I know that I will actually have to sit down and write out what I eat on a daily basis for a future assignment. I am in my first week of the program and am hoping that it will help.

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:47 pm

Thank you so much for your response. It is so diffucult to deal with an ED. I am in week 4 of the program and I'm truly nervous about next week cause my ED has not improved since starting this program. My self talk has gotten amazingly better but for some reason the eating disorder voice is still very strong. I guess we'll see what next week brings. Jody

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:01 pm

Jody,
I also have an eating disorder, and I know how hard it is to cope with having anxiety and depression.
I now see a nutritionist to help with my disorder. Maybe something you might want to look into while your going thru this difficult time. It has helped me.
Kim

Return to “Chronic Disease Sufferers”