Samter's Triad/sinus problems/asthma

For discussion of Chronic Diseases such as Obesity, Cancer, Heart Disease, Diabetes, etc.
miche

Post by miche » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:23 am

Anyone suffer from Samter's Triad? I have had 2 sinus surgeries and my polyps came back each time. I decided to try a different treatment that has been studied recently by the allergy community and it has been successful for me! I became desensatized to aspirin, which I was allergic to, thru a doctors care, and my polyps are gone and so are my allergies!

If you have nasal polyps and surgery hasn't helped, shoot me a message and I can fill you in.

Jacqui

Adel

Post by Adel » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:53 pm

Please tell me more - I need to go for operation and need as much info as possible on this Samter's triad

Thanks

csquared

Post by csquared » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:44 am

I have samter's triad been miseriable for several (4)years, er asthma attacks, labeled copd, do have seasonal hayfever and have polps now. should i do surgery, after all who likes to be intibated and put under

Worried Wife

Post by Worried Wife » Sat May 24, 2008 3:29 pm

Miche - I'd love to hear what you have to offer, particularly how you're doing 18+ months since your post.

readerchick

Post by readerchick » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:34 pm

Hi, I have had three sinus surgeries after which the polyps reappeared immediately. I also have samter's triad. Would you please tell me what you did and how to contact the doctor that took you through the aspirin desensitization process? Nothing else has worked for me and I am my wits end. HELP!!!!

emitoki

Post by emitoki » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:49 pm

Originally posted by miche:
Anyone suffer from Samter's Triad? I have had 2 sinus surgeries and my polyps came back each time. I decided to try a different treatment that has been studied recently by the allergy community and it has been successful for me! I became desensatized to aspirin, which I was allergic to, thru a doctors care, and my polyps are gone and so are my allergies!

If you have nasal polyps and surgery hasn't helped, shoot me a message and I can fill you in.

Jacqui

emitoki

Post by emitoki » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:50 pm

Originally posted by miche:

Jacqui

Could you please let me know, my aunt is severly suffering, 2 or 3 times surgery, alergy, and asthma. i think her polyps has got back. I appriciate your help. thanks

miche

Post by miche » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:14 pm

Sorry for not replying. I don't check this sight very often.

Anyway, I am doing terrific almost 2 years after the aspirin treatment. No problems with the high doses of aspirin, no sinus polyps, no asthma, no allergies, no ear problems. Now that I can breath and my sinuses are clear I don't have infections like I used to which means I haven't had one round of antibiotics or steroids since the aspirin treatment.

Please send me a private message if you have questions and I will give you any info I can.

jacqui

Sk&rKat

Post by Sk&rKat » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:34 am

Hi Jacqui!
My daughter has currently (finally?!) been diagnosed with this medical condition. I'd love to hear about your experience/s. She's 24 yrs old and already has had two sinus surgeries.

Gospel Singa

Post by Gospel Singa » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:39 am

Hello. I just had my 7th sinus polyectomy 2 weeks ago. I am VERY interested in what you did (aspirin densensitization). I cannot take these surgeries anymore.

Return to “Chronic Disease Sufferers”