Samter's Triad/sinus problems/asthma

For discussion of Chronic Diseases such as Obesity, Cancer, Heart Disease, Diabetes, etc.
clara74

Post by clara74 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:38 pm

I had the aspirin D. 4 weeks a go and it is working very well. I had it at
baylor clinic in Houston TX
after 4 sinus surgeries
it only takes 2 days, started with 30mg the firt day and finishing with 650mg the second day. now I am taking 1300mg a day and in 2 weeks I will see the Doctor to reduce the mg.

BrianF

Post by BrianF » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:12 am

I am 42, I developed asthma, and then triad 3 years ago. After almost dying from aspirin, and suffering from polyps I decided enough was enough and went for aspirin desensitization. My insurance refused to cover it, but I went for it anyway. I did it 4 months ago, and it took me 3 long days because of my reactions.

I'll be perfectly honest with you, it changed my life completely. I was on nasal spray (nasonex, nasalcort, afrin, otravin) for 3 long years, couldn't sleep at night, always "packed heat" as I used to call it. I am a normal person again. I never thought I'd reach this stage, but here I am. Unbelievable. It's a miracle procedure.

Don't hesitate to go for it, and if your insurance won't pay for it, trust me, it's worth paying for it yourself.

If you have any questions send me an email at freemanbf@gmail.com and I will tell you more about the procedure.

Good luck

stoncrop

Post by stoncrop » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:20 pm

Clara74 HELP - I also have Samter's Triad and live in Houston. Can you tell me the name of the doctor you saw at Baylor to undergo the aspirin desensitization?

I have had 5 nasal polypectomies and am getting close to the sixth. I saw my ENT today and she thought it might be worth it to see if we can head off this next surgery. She is with Kelsey Seybold and wasn't aware of who the doctor might be. If you would please email me at sstone6@comcast.net.

barmof

Post by barmof » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:03 pm

ANYONE WHO'S SUFFERING FROM SAMTER'S TRIAD CAN CURE THEMSELVES WITHIN A FEW MONTHS. I HAD A SEVERE CASE AND DESENSITIZED MYSELF BY STARTING WITH ABOUT 10MG OF ASPIRIN AND INCREASED IT GRADUALLY OVER A TWO MONTH PERIOD. I REACHED A POINT WHERE I COULD TAKE 8 ASPIRINS A DAY AND HAVE HAD NO ATTACKS OR SYMPTOMS FOR THE LAST YEAR. I AM NO LONGER TAKING ANY MEDICATION AND AM TOTALLY ASTHMA FREE.

cj5996

Post by cj5996 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:43 pm

DONT TRY THIS AT HOME! Are you serious? After what I went through I would not advise anyone with Samters Triad to desensitize themselves to aspirin. I sat in the doctors office to undergo this treatment and it was NOT successful. I spent the next 14 hours recovering. There is still hope. we are rescheduling to try a different protocol.

pjb64

Post by pjb64 » Wed May 19, 2010 2:45 pm

I have also had 2 surgeries. 1st one didn't work. Dr. cleaned out infections but not polyps. I changed Drs. 2nd Dr. cleaned out and didn't pack. It was great!! This was almost 5 years ago. I still suffer but polyps haven't come back. He said it was all due to acid reflux. The acid was in my sinuses and causing all these problems. I also have an asthma Dr. and takes care of all those problems. My dad also has triad asthma but his has turned into COPD. I have other allergies and am waiting right now to get onto shots :( I don't know if the desensatization will work for me ???

yamugna

Re: Samter's Triad/sinus problems/asthma

Post by yamugna » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:00 am

What can i do about my asthma in the army? I have asthma sense i was in AIT, and its been getting to me ever sense. Ive been in for 2 years and a couple of months and its not getting better. I was told by others with asthma that i can get a profile for it. Can i or will they discharge me for it.

meenakshi

Re: Samter's Triad/sinus problems/asthma

Post by meenakshi » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:52 am

post deleted.

Return to “Chronic Disease Sufferers”