dizziness

For discussion of Chronic Diseases such as Obesity, Cancer, Heart Disease, Diabetes, etc.
purpmartin

Post by purpmartin » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:08 am

I typically get very ligtheaded when rising from a stooping position. For a few seconds I feel as though I'm about to keel over. Often for just an instant I see black. It also feels as thought my eyeballs are being squashed from above and below.

Over the last six or seven months I've gotten some double double-digit blood pressure readings, and I do mean in the doctor's office. For me that's low. But a tilt-table test a few dayas ago "looked negative".

So I still don't know what's going on, and I doubt very much that anxiety would CAUSE this to happen. Does anybody else have this?

purpmartin

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:29 am

I do have this problem often and I have low blood pressure. I am very active it is sometimes associated with electrolyte embalances too. Check to see if you are hydrated enough. Also if you are taking any meds some cause this. :)

sunbound

Post by sunbound » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:30 am

I had a similar feeling last winter before starting this program. I got light headed when I stood up,had to give up sports because I felt that I would fall down.Even walking was a problem.
The "BREATHING" exercise on the relaxation tape has been a tremendious help. I have much less problem now.
The deep breathing helps to "charge" your blood with oxygen. which in turn carries more blood to youe brain. I got this idea from one of the "PEER" discussions.

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:07 am

Sometimes this symptom has to do with Adrenal Fatigue. You might consider talking with your doctor about it. Also consider looking it up on the internet and read about it and take this info with you to the dr.

Return to “Chronic Disease Sufferers”