anyone ever find out that their chronic problem is caused by anxiety?

For discussion of Chronic Diseases such as Obesity, Cancer, Heart Disease, Diabetes, etc.
TL7

Post by TL7 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:56 pm

I'm facing this today. I've babbled all around the site before, so if you've read it before, I'm sorry. I had a huge migraine back in July to which triggered my anxiety back up to me being on the program again. Since then, I have been having an eye issue... starts like a hazy sort of foggy feeling in my eye although I can still see fine...i can describe it as looking at a board through a reflection, like more light is coming in to my right eye than my left...after that goes on for a while my eye becomes severly dry and uncomfortable then it goes away...and will cycle like that several times a day, every day. I thought it was just allergies, but the one eye didn't fit. So, I finally muster up enough courage to see the eye dr today. His conclusion...im having a migraine w/o the headache. He said it could be hormones triggering it...but since ive been on the same pill for 4-5 years he doesn't think so. I told him that I have been having bad anxiety issues ever since I had the bad migraine in July...and he thinks stress is mostly likely the cause. I was having a hard enough time feeling like a failure and that I couldn't seem to snap out of this anxiety cycle, but now the added pressure is on. I've been so scared on having another repeat migraine that ive been giving myself mini migraines daily...isn't that a kicker? Anyone else go through this problem? Knowing that the "cure" to another problem is to rid yourself of the anxiety, but that thought alone makes you anxious? I feel so hopeless.
"If you want it, you got it... you just have to believe....believe in yourself" Lenny Kravitz

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:10 am

Hi! First of all-I LOVE your end quote ;) I have another one--"Some days you're the bug, somedays you're the windshield" :D

I completely empathize with you. My anxiety causes occasional heart "skipped beats". My doctor told me it was the anxiety, and the thought of "what if I can't stop the anxiety and the skipped beats become a heart attack?" makes my anxiety even worse.

I guess the key is to focus on the positives. You do not have impending blindness, not having a stroke, no brain issues, etc. JUST anxiety. And as to having another mirgraine, while I know they are excruciating, you are scaring yourself. Try thinking so what if you have another one? You'll need some good pain meds, and it will pass. It will not kill you, and it will not change life as you know it. Maybe you are making it scarier than it really is?

I'm making these suggestions, and they sound good. Maybe I should try them!!! :p

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:37 am

haha thats a good quote too :)

I know you are right...now trying to do it is another thing. Like today I went to the grocery store...which made me nervous to being with...so my eye started...which made me more nervous...but you know what I made it through and I had to talk myself out of it a few times but I was there for over an hour.

I get heart palpitations too and they just suck but you are right on that too. As soon as the stress is gone..poof no more heart palpitations. I'm just wishing the eye/migraine would poof a bit faster ;) Aren't we always so pushy for quick fixes? haha

Thanks for your comment I appreciate it.

beth226

Post by beth226 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:54 am

tl7,
seems like you are still hanging in there. i read your last posts about the headache. and how you found out about it. i had that happen a few years ago and went batty lol.that was before i found out i had anxiety..thought i was having a seizure or a heart attack..but i didn't.. good to see you going to the store. and to think you stayed and hour. before long you be bagging groceries.lol.take care and our thoughts and prayers are with you. GOD BLESS...
don

Mountainwren

Post by Mountainwren » Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:47 pm

Hey if I'm going to be bagging groceries I better be getting paid for it hahahaha Thanks Don...the support on here really helps :)

Post by Guest » Tue May 26, 2009 3:08 pm

Be careful of your eyesight. Get it checked by a professional. I had eye pressure problems due to anxiety and anxiety caused high blood pressure. Take it seriously...if unchecked you can go blind. NOT KIDDING. Called glaucoma, the silent leading cause of blindness in US, most people don't know it's coming until too late, doctors can check it every year and keep monitoring it.

Post by Guest » Thu May 28, 2009 6:43 am

TL7,

I see that your post was from 2006. Have you lessened your anxiety and eye problem? Seeing an herbalist or a naturopathic Dr. could help. It isn't covered by ins. but they look at the whole person. Taking B12 or more B vitamins can be helpful too.

Susan

Return to “Chronic Disease Sufferers”