Rapid Weight Loss!!!

For discussion of Chronic Diseases such as Obesity, Cancer, Heart Disease, Diabetes, etc.
ll Legend ll

Post by ll Legend ll » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:29 am

Ok, I've had a lot of anxiety for the last 3 months, and like now I'm getting stomach problems (fullness in upper abdominal area, constipation). But I've lost probably 13 pounds in one week. Normal??

:o

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:39 am

I lost alot of weight too,mine was my thyroid.you might get yours checked.I never realized just how much your thyroid controls,my doctor said that your thyroid controls basically every part of your body (mentally and physically).

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:17 am

Thx. I'm not sure if it's my thyroid. I had that checked a few times around last month. Perhaps though. But like I'm having diarrhea and constipation at the same time, as well as fullness in upper abdominal area. This anxiety is making me think it's a bowl block or obstruction or even worse...>_>

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:37 am

Hi Legend. Losing 13 pounds in a week is not normal. Go and get that checked out just to be sure that everything's fine.

Take care. DeeDee.

BookOfPsalms

Post by BookOfPsalms » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:26 am

Legend-

Check it out but to let you know a bowl obstruction doesn't allow you to go to the bathroom at all...So don't worry about that....Check your tyroid and also i lost a lot of weight b4 just due to not being able to eat due to the anxiety...
+Let The Word Do The Work!+

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:58 am

When I was in the height of my panic, I lost approx. 30lbs in 3 months. I went to every doctor and had every test but all was ok. Dr.'s finally decided it was just the anxiety. I was constantly nauseous and couldn't eat more than 400-500 calories per day. No wonder I lost weight! Now that I am just about panic-free, I have regained 10 of those 30lbs and feel a lot better. I was really scared for a while, but then realized that I was the one making myself sick. Once I stopped worrying about the weightloss, I was able to put some back on.

Return to “Chronic Disease Sufferers”