Chronic UTI's

For discussion of Chronic Diseases such as Obesity, Cancer, Heart Disease, Diabetes, etc.
rockyranger90

Post by rockyranger90 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:08 am

I've been having chronic uti's recently. About every 2 months since this past may. I'm at my wits end. I was curious if anyone else has suffered with this issue and have found anything that has worked for them keeping these dreaded things away. I really don't want to go on low dose antibiotic therapy. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Malikye

Post by Malikye » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:35 am

Do you notice a pattern with them. Like do you get them after sex? Alot of women get them after sex. I do. I take on antibiotic after sex to prevent them. Also, is your Dr. actaully sending the urine off to culture? When the check it in the office they are just looking to see if you have white blood cells in the urine, which indicates you may have an infection, but only way to know for sure is to have the urine sent to the lab for culture. I have a bladder disease that feels like an infection and I can have white blood cells in my urine even if there isn't an infection. I was misdiagnosed for years with chronic bladder infections when actually I didn't have one at all. Ask questions to your Dr. and insisit it be cultured.

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:19 am

Rocky, get some cranberry juice and some cranberry tablets. Take about 2-3, twice a day. Or drink a cup of juice a couple times a day. It works. It's only cranberries, so it's safe and it works.

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:33 am

I agree with Rocky Thorn. Sex can induce UTI's.

If you think this is the case:

1. Avoid doggie style

2. Urinate immediately after sex.

3. Drink Cranberry juice & take a vit. C pill
at the same time.

For the pain, you can use OTC Pills, do hot compresses, or a vinegar sitz-bath. ( sitting)

Best of luck.

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:57 am

Rocky never said anything about sex. She's talking about UTIs in general.

Return to “Chronic Disease Sufferers”