Feeling bad. Eating bad. Stressed.

For discussion of Chronic Diseases such as Obesity, Cancer, Heart Disease, Diabetes, etc.
Holly J

Post by Holly J » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:38 am

I have been getting very bloated lately and when I feel bloated my breathing is not good. I start to feel like i cant get a good breath and than my heart starts to race. I think i starts to race because my breathing is so terrible when i am bloated. Does this make sense? I have also been getting some hear rushes when i get up and i feel dizzy and my heart also starts to race. Not because I am nervous though. It just does. My friend thinks its acid reflex. I have to say I have been eating bad lately. I've been eating a lot of sweets like pastries and candy and a lot of cheese. See, i am trying to gain weight so I have not been eating so healthy lately. I also get headaches too. This seemed to start happening pretty bad after the loss of my cats last week so could this all be stress or eating badly or both? My issues with my breathing and my throat (sensations of choking or not being able to swallow) have been coming up again lately. I just want this to go away!! I miss my cats so much and it has put a lot of stress and anxiety on me. They were my comfort. . I noticed I have been eating a lot of junk since after my cats too. A lot of sweets. . I guess I have been depressed over it and eat to feel better? Which is odd because before I used to not eat when I was depressed.
"Come to me, all who are tired from carrying heavy loads, and I will give you rest. (Matthew 11:28)"

Lynnier

Post by Lynnier » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:38 am

Hi Holly: I am a stress eater, and depression certainly doesn't help. I've found that staying away from sweets, chocolate, caffeine and alcohol help to keep me more balanced - and perhaps because they're all stimulants, not eating them keeps the panic attacks away.
If you want to gain weight, find healthy ways of doing it, not by eating sugar and other foods that really aren't good for you. There are whey protein shakes and bars that are made and sold, you could try to start using them.

Paul R.

Post by Paul R. » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:23 am

holly,

refined sugars will really help you put on weight, but not the kind that i think you are interested in.

you mentioned dizziness, headaches, nervousness, and a bloated feeling.

all of these feelings, can directly be connected to high consumption of simple sugars, such as candy, soft drinks, chocolate, etc.

they get into the blood fast, and your body then has to work extra hard to metabolize them.

if i eat too much sugar (rarely, if ever) at one sitting, i can get all of those symptoms that you are mentioning- especially headaches.

you would be much better off trying to gain weight off of organic fruits for your sugar intake, lean meats, and drinks/bars as suggested by lynnier.

seadog

Post by seadog » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:44 am

Holly J, some of the few things I remember about you are that you are... Young, Intelligent, Adventurous and Vivacious! I'm sure you know that as the days of our lives go by our metabolism slows and we tend to gain weight. I hear that is not fun. Your body will find its own balance - just give it the good food you know it needs.
I have Pets, Holly and I'm sure you know ppl like us tend to have an over abundance of Love in us - to give. I think I'd take a break from pets for a while, visit a friend with cats or go to a shelter and give the Kitties there some of your time. Most of all, Holly - Take care of yourself - First! Seadog

Holly J

Post by Holly J » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:47 pm

Thank you all for your replies. does sugar give any of you BAD anxiety??? Thank you seadog for your nice comment. I wont be having pets for a long time. I am so sensitive to everything. Any little change i get anxiety over. My dad is moving back to Cali from Georgia to be by the family and although i am excited for him to come back and want him too I am also anxious about it because its a change. I dont adapt well at all to change. Like my cats leaving for example.
"Come to me, all who are tired from carrying heavy loads, and I will give you rest. (Matthew 11:28)"

Faith_TX

Post by Faith_TX » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:37 pm

Yes sugar can do this.

Also, as for the acid reflux. . .I had some of those symptoms when I started taking birth control pills a month ago. I have been better, but I'm more careful about tomatoe stuff and greasy foods and I chew tums or Pepcid complete.

I was having this feeling like a lump in my throat and like I couldn't breath well. . . it was a very weird feeling different than my normal anxiety breathing problems. I figured out it was reflux after I took tums and it went away. There was a post here on the forum that discussed this certain nerve that goes to your stomach and your heart and it explained why it can make your heart race when you have reflux. That gave me comfort and once I figured out what to take for the reflux now I'm better.

Try to eat a protein with every meal. Try to eat snacks (healthy!) in between. I have a handful of nuts here and there or cheese or a boiled egg in between. And more veggies and lean meats. . . Take better care of your body and it will help you feel better (I need to remember this too. . .I have been eating TOO MUCH junk food lately)
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
~~ Ronald Reagan

Return to “Chronic Disease Sufferers”