sleep

Stress can keep you down. Stress can also help you create. Learn to make stress a positive force in your life.
larry g

Post by larry g » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:42 pm

Has any one had trouble sleeping through out the night?I will fall asleep then wake maybe 2 or 3 hours later,fall asleep then wake up 3 hours later and so on.any tips or thoughts on how to change this.not an long time with this about 3 weeks now.

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:02 pm

I usually notice sleeping problems start when my anxiety is turning into depression. Once I can get my depression under control with antipressants the sleeping gets better. But until that happens, I depend on some kind of sleep aid like trazadone or ambien to get me through the hardest few weeks.

Gman5256

Post by Gman5256 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:03 pm

LARRY,
IF you eat a heavy meal before bed it might do that.are you ging through the program. if so put on the relaxitation tape..or put on some soothing music. hope it helps. .. maybe you might have alot going on in your life as well..take care and good luck to you. let me know how it goes .thanks
don
All for His praise, glory and the joy it gives Him.

Hugs, In His Love >:D<

Gman9259
"He who dwells in the secret place of the most
high shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty"

samcat

Post by samcat » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:42 am

I do not believe I ever slept well until after I went through the program. It showed me how closely related a peaceful mind and peaceful sleep are.

I know how miserable it is not to get the sleep you need. Hang in there. Hope the program helps.

Tammy

keithjoy

Post by keithjoy » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:57 am

Larry,

Try listening to a relaxation tape or relaxing music just before you fall asleep. That helps quiet the mind and relax you enough to sleep through the night.

If you do wake up, listen to it again and let it lull you to sleep instead of tossing and turning or getting up.

Any tape will do as long as it's something you find really soothing. So shop around.

QueenEsther

Post by QueenEsther » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:22 am

I listen to any one of the tapes b/c any one of them tends to have a calming effect on my anxiety, and it gets my mind in a better place than "ruminating."

Ivy, I think your insight about sleeping problems happen when your anxiety starts moving into depression might be going on with me, I just didn't put that together. Thank you. Dianne

Angla

Post by Angla » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:30 am

I am now on session 14 and I noticed that I am waking up every two to three hours. I did not listen to my relaxation tape last night because I was too sleepy. I realize that I need to listen to my relaxation tape earlier at night and maybe in the morning when I wake up in order to feel more relaxed and calm. ;)

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:18 pm

I sometimes go to bed late. I need to get up early as well.

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:58 am

I'm use to sleeping through the night but lately I've been waking up at around 5:00am every morning and I'm guessing it's anxiety.

Return to “Session 14 - How to Keep Stress from Becoming Anxiety”