Party Planning

Stress can keep you down. Stress can also help you create. Learn to make stress a positive force in your life.
farmchick

Post by farmchick » Mon May 19, 2008 2:32 am

Hi, everyone,
We are planning a large kids party at our farm to take place in two weeks. Because it takes a while to get to our place, we are planning for parents/siblings to come as well as the invited. The entire family is excited to be part of this event and planning for it.

I've completed the program and feel excited that I'm actually wanting such as large amt. of people out to our place. I am, however, beginning to feel that little buzz of anxiety about "what if I 'feel funny' during the party."
I am using my skills, writing my action plan, etc. BUT would appreciate encouragement, party planning tips, etc. to help me enjoy this experience! Thanks!
Peace to everyone on this precious present day!

bevhembree

Post by bevhembree » Mon May 19, 2008 4:58 am

Have a to do list and a schedule to go by. Chances are that you'll be so busy, all of a sudden, it wil be over and you'll look back and say "Wow, I didn't even THINK about anxiety!"
Have a great time!
"Here and happy because of my three little angels- Marie, Chad and Cady."

klkroy

Post by klkroy » Mon May 19, 2008 7:52 am

I am only on session 3 of the program but had my first real test this past weekend with our daughters college graduation and party. It was a three day event over an hours drive from home and we also had the celebration there too. I am happy to say even though I did have my moments of anxiety and panic I was able to use the tools I've learned in this program to put everything into prospective and really enjoy the whole event. It helped that I tried to plan ahead as much as possible.

Probably if I'm dissapointed about anything it was that I am still having trouble being around my inlaws (and I love them dearly) but they are both extremely negative people and my mother in law has her own issues with anxiety that she refuses to do anything about because she wears it as a badge of honor that she worries incessantly about everything and everyone. Anyway if anyone has any pointers as to how to be around people that are negative and know which buttons to push to start up your anxieties let me know. Obvisouly being in laws it's not like I can avoid being around them but I don't like the way I feel or act right now when I am.

Good luck with your party and I would recommend planning as much ahead as you can.

Return to “Session 14 - How to Keep Stress from Becoming Anxiety”