how does clutter affect you?

Stress can keep you down. Stress can also help you create. Learn to make stress a positive force in your life.

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:25 am

I hear the word clutter and I cringe lol See it and I freak out! lol About a year ago a friend from chat told me to make a list of things that I wanted to get done weekly and STICK to the list...and I am clutter free. Now that I have all the clutter out of the way I set up 2 days a week that I stick to Mon and FRI so that I can keep up with all my hard work. Another thing that helps is when I check the mail, if it's something that I don't need ie..advertisements or something like that I don't need..I don't even bring it into my house I throw it into the trash can on the way into the house. Now that my home is clutter free I have felt a great sense of relaxation in my home. Tc Karen

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:52 am

I spent 3 fast and furious days last week, going room by room,,, cleaning, going through drawers and closets, throwing stuff away, gathering up stuff for Goodwill. Cleaning baseboards, mini blinds, organizing papers,making folders ... It Felt soooo good, to really get all this done!!! Im NOT a disorganized person, but about twice a year i go through each and every room in my house and start tossing, organizing, and getting everything in order again. I realized several years ago, i hung on the "things" for no particular reason other than, i hated to throw anything away!! Well thats all changed, cause half what we have, we NEVER use!!!
Simplify!!!! Yuppers, dats what i did!!! Lots less stress without the mess!!! :)

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:45 am

I de-cluttered my room about two weeks ago. I had collected all sorts of paperwork, electronics etc. and I couldn't even move. My anxiety had me so distracted the clutter was not a bother. Finally, I forced myself to pick up one piece and started chunking things out. That was awesome as it relieved a lot of stress!! I think it's a mind over matter concept, with the program we're decluttering our way of thinking and physically we need to do the same to connect both areas of our lives and feel less stressed.

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:00 pm

WAy to GO maggie, im proud of YOU!!!! Keep up the good work!!!

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:05 am

<span class="ev_code_RED">If my house is dirty, I feel even more anxious. </span>

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:03 pm

Ya'll can check out this website which helped me a LOT on housekeeping and clutter issues - plus some time management thrown in too! It's all free stuff to look at and the lady who runs the site (Marla) suffered from severe depression so she can totally relate to the issues that many of use face.

The website is: <A HREF="http://www.flylady.net" TARGET=_blank>www.flylady.net</A> (The FLY stands for Finally Loving Yourself). She has some GREAT advice for dealing with the clutter issues.

Hope this helps!

Blessings,
Dawn

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:36 am

I read in a book I am reading about breakups (yes, I know that's not what this is about) a quote from a bartender: "Messy bed--Messy Head." I know that seems quite simple but when you look at the grand scheme of things you see the accuracy of that statement. If things in your life are cluttered, messy, call it what you want, then it is quite possible that things in your mind will be as well. I didn't just move into a new house, in fact it's been almost a year, but I was still using this as an excuse for the clutter in my house. Last weekend, I made the kids go with grandma and I cleaned out my closet (in more ways than you know)!!! And I feel completely awesome this week. No worries, no distractions, no guilt. God it was so liberating!

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:50 am

I :? am de-cluttering and I still have not de-cluttered enough when it comes work/career related papers, notebooks, magazines, etc. I am deciding on what materials I need to help me advance in job related and personal business matters. Does anyone out there have suggestions for avoidance behavior? :?

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:05 am

Prv31Mom,
I don't know if you will ever see this but thank you, thank you, thank you! I love the flylady web-site. It has helped me alot. :) :)

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:47 am

Flylady has really helped me over the last few years. I know when my house is messy, my thinkin starts stinkin. My perfectionism will tell me not to try because it won't be perfect. But Flylady says anything you do will bless your family and not to worry about doing it perfect. It helps and also the routines are extremely important.

Return to “Session 14 - How to Keep Stress from Becoming Anxiety”