Can anyone help?

Stress can keep you down. Stress can also help you create. Learn to make stress a positive force in your life.
ethenmorsn86

Post by ethenmorsn86 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:54 pm

My doc keeps telling me i am stressed!!! My symptoms are constant headache achieving down my nose and jaws pressure feeling in my head,
fullness of the ears a lump under my tongue keep going cold and having shivers and tingling feeling all over, when i try to sleep i feel i am sinking into the bed and i almost feel paralyzed.
Last edited by ethenmorsn86 on Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:44 am

Hi!

You are and so am I!

I made a post this morning titled head and ear pressure. This feeling is so hard for me. My Doc keeps giving me medicine for sinuses, but this doesn't feel like only sinuses since it happens a lot when I get stressful thinking, and it lasts for days sometimes.

I know how you feel, but I think stress has something to do with this. I thought I was the only one, until I made that post this morning.

I hope we are rid of this soon!

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:10 pm

meds only make things worse.

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:17 pm

I have been hearing this complaint about sinuses, headaches, ear pressure alot from many people....I have went through the same malady, had ear pressure/fullness/ ringing, neck pain radiating over my head into my eye down my nostril...My eyes were flashing, like migraines(which I had in the past) I waited and relaxed and it all calmed down when I calmed down..it took 2 months!!!!!...As a Nurse I know when TO go to a doctor, and I was about to ...I waited this out, I was very stressed about moving out of state but found that it wasnt THAT ONE STRESSFUL moment it was the cumulative effect of little stresses that were affecting my body over a long period of time. I NEVER RELAXED!!!! Most tension is harbored in the neck, shoulders, head areas....as we know there is alot going on in this area....if muscles become compressed, nerve supplies get pinched, circulation decreases sometimes and hence you get symptoms.
I have MAJOR muscle tension. I was told by a doctor if my neck muscles did not relax my head would stop moving. I laughed but then I had a patient who had neck spinal surgery done and it was because of MUSCLE TENSION!!!! Exercise and relaxation tapes will help. RELAING THE MIND WILL HELP EVEN BETTER....meditation or yoga...A BIG PLUS.....As LUCINDA says in her tape...put up that BIG RED STOPSIGN AND STOP!!!! Many Many ailments are stress caused....This (in the near medical future) they will find is the major causes of most illnesses...mark my words!!! Ps....I had eventualy had gone to a dentist to see if it was a bad tooth causing all this head stuff.....he took a full mouth scan and my sinuses were fine, he did give me an allergy pill to my surprise to take....I found this unusual for a dentist....BUT I later found out that increased Histamine levels (which are noted in allergies) are associated with increased stress too, so the so called symptoms you think are allergies or sinus problems may be your histamine levels going up from stress...... creamcheese.

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:58 am

cream cheese you said you used to have migraine headaches with the flashing lights in the eyes. what helped you get over yours my daughter has them and they have gotten worse in the last 5 yrs when she stopped taking birth control pills she has since had a baby and she still gets her eyes messing up pretty bad but not the headache it is scaring her I got a book by a dr andrew jones and he says they are hormonal this is causing me stress as I worry about her sorry to high jack this thread and read where you were a nurse just wondering what your in put would be she has been taking b vitamins magnesium just about exhausted things

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:35 pm

forever young 06
I am hoping your daughter can control her contemplating that she is going to have a migraine...YES, I have been there, the thought process has to change. Its a full time job really. I did send you a post privately so I hope you see it. Migraines are very scarey. I almost felt like I was seeing a UFO landing on top of my head...lights were so bright and flashing....weird sensation. I know Yoga helped me tremendously. I did mild stretches for my shoulders and neck all throughout the day. I eliminated most junk foods. although I cheat on occasion. I TRY not to get stressed. But some people(family and friends) are so irritable, edgey, and highstrung at times that trying to relax yourself is mind boggling. I talk softly and carry a big stick of Peace with me.( sorry Teddy Roosevelt, had to change that one temporarily!!lol) Funny thing is that everywhere I go there is a tv set on with the news......I hate that. Restaurants, bars, my autobody shop, grocery stores...its just too much. We have to shut off our minds and just inhale the peace, quiet and good times that surround us everyday. Hope your daughter feels better soon. She will be in my prayers...creamcheesepuff.

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:52 am

creamcheesepuff,
thanks for your reply and prayers it upsets me when she is upset I try to help her as much as I can.she does need to learn to not stress and not fear we can cause so much with our thinking our minds seem to have a mind of their own
Do you have any children haven't read where you say you have she is the only child I have and I have spoiled her and try to do to much for everyone my mom is in the nursing home and do her clothes and take her food as she doesn't like the food there life is dificult but no where to quit feel like I am on a merry go round and can't get off prayer and positive thing sure helps

Return to “Session 14 - How to Keep Stress from Becoming Anxiety”