Letting go

Stress can keep you down. Stress can also help you create. Learn to make stress a positive force in your life.
MaudeAS

Post by MaudeAS » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:51 am

I am having a hard time letting go of old anxiety. I keep digging them up. Any suggestions?

NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:36 am

Hi Maude AS,

The xpression goes like this:

when you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.

Who is in control of your thoughts? Is it some unknown force or do we seduce ourselves into believing that someone else is in control of our choices and or thoughts?

To simply stop these thoughts, Say it loud enough for you to hear it. Stop it, break out your flash card for session 2 and speak and say each thing so that you hear it, and th thought will go away.

The key is to speak it= STOP DIGGING, hear it, act on it, and follow through speaking and hearing your own voice and your expression of control through the use of the session 2 flash card aid.

I hope this helps.
Here is the link to the Letting Go thread which is designated for venting
http://forum.stresscenter.com/viewtopic ... 52&t=25087

You can follow me on Twitter, same username or check out my blog

http://ninjafrodo.blogspot.com/

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:28 pm

G-man...I agree with the post above...I just wanted to let you know I added you to my buddies list...This way you can PM me...My husband is also a Christian, and likes to read what you write...We both enjoy things of the Lord...

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:05 am

it is easier said than done but you can think positive and work on letting go. you can read the word and pray and do all these things which do help as i am a christian and firm believer in God but also everyone is different and have been through different forms of experiences and they have become accustomed to doing things a certain way in life whic became routine to them so it is a process and only time and hard work and dedication will help them to let go. i go through this myself everyday and when you are so used to something it is not easy.

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:51 am

Hi Dhylles,

What I share above is a biblical principle that is found in Rom. 10: 8-10. The above is just the simple application of this principle. I am trying to exercise a little care so as not to lose anyone that may not be a believer, and still provide the help the Lord inspired me to give.

Not all here are Christians, and I have encountered a little problem with some other people that took offense. Being offensive is never my intention, it is love that is my motivation to provide the relief to anyone that is in despair. Sooner or later the fruits of the spirit show strongly enough that they may want to learn more, and the possibility and opportunity to deliver and save an unsaved person is available for the delivery of the good news, confession and subsequent baptism.

Remember what Paul did in Greece? I became all things to all people to get them to the Gospel of Jesus, redemption, salvation and baptism. It was courageous then and it is just as courageous today. The stones and jails, used are just different, but they can hurt too.

TC

Return to “Session 14 - How to Keep Stress from Becoming Anxiety”