Why am I always stressed?

Stress can keep you down. Stress can also help you create. Learn to make stress a positive force in your life.
Gaarden

Post by Gaarden » Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:55 pm

I just don't know why, but recently my emotions have taken a turn for the worse. I finished listening to the lesson 14 tape a little while ago, and something finally dawned on me: I am stressed-out 24-7! Boredom brings stress, being around people brings stress, being alone brings stress, trying to go to bed brings stress, trying to relax brings stress, doing schoolwork brings stress, watching television brings stress, playing games brings stress, reading books brings stress...I get stress from everything! I feel a constant pressure on me, a pressure that tugs on me and won't let me go! I don't know how, I don't know why, but I do know this: there must be a reason I have all this stress, and there must be a way to get rid of it. But how? :?
I am an obsessional thinker and a perfectionist: the main causes of my anxiety and depression. I am 18 years old, already been through the program once and plan on going through it again. I hope to feel better soon!
-Ben G. (Gaarden)

jbzelliott

Post by jbzelliott » Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:27 pm

One thing that's helped me is to just accept it sometimes. I accept that I'm feeling anxious or sad and just let it be. I go about my day in an accepting way.

Claire Weeke's tapes, Pass Through Panic, have helped me with this. She has an Austrailian accent, and I find her motherly voice so comforting. Sometimes, she'll say, "Accept, accept..." I find it very comforting.

I sounds like you are fighting the anxiety, willing it to go away. How about giving up the struggle and just floating for a while? :)
Julie
Julie

RABBIT

Post by RABBIT » Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:06 pm

I 'm having the same promblem -been weening off my meds down to 5mg of lexapro and .12mg of xanex.been stuck here for a while -everyday I wake up nausous and jettery my mind cant stay focused. -but I'm determined to beat this thing and its hard, but acecpting it and letting it flow is good advice.They say if you try you cant make it worse and it will eventually go away.been having this cycle since started to ween off meds but it does get better -sometimes not as quick as you like -hang in there -good luck and God bless

Mello Nello

Post by Mello Nello » Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:59 pm

Rabbit,
Tapering is the best way to come off meds, and tapering slowly. when i was on paxil, i decided to get off and i only taperd about a week, MISTAKE!!! i made it off them but not without lots of withdrawal symptoms, i could of made it easier on myself if i had just followed the docs instructions. And yes you will probably feel some withdrawal for about 3 to 4 weeks, but it does get better as time goes on. Drink plenty of water, it tends to flush it out faster. God bless you to :) Nelly

sunset34

Post by sunset34 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:58 pm

Gaarden,

Throughout life there is stress ( good and bad). Too much of either kind isn't good for you.

You allow yourself to be stressed because your thinking is stressful.

Once you learn to ACCEPT and to FLOAT and not care so much about every detail of your life, you will begin to lighten up a little.

True ACCEPTANCE is just that.... "Acceptance" !!!

Problem is, you do not accept life for what it is.

What do you think you would feel inside if you gave yourself permission to ACCEPT ?
[b][i]" You must do the thing you think you cannot do."
Eleanor Roosevelt

[/i][/b]

FletcherBoYer

Post by FletcherBoYer » Wed May 12, 2010 7:41 am

I am felling the same thing I am constantly stressed out through out the day and night. And i have no idea as to why, what so ever. it dues not mater what i am doing I just suddenly get stressed out.
So how exactly do you just "Accept" and go on with the day when you have no idea what on earth its for. I am so tired of going around all day telling every one I'm perfectly fine, when i fell like i am dieing inside.

Return to “Session 14 - How to Keep Stress from Becoming Anxiety”