Putting Off the End

Stress can keep you down. Stress can also help you create. Learn to make stress a positive force in your life.
feelingbetter01

Putting Off the End

Post by feelingbetter01 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:18 pm

I am having anxiety for finishing the Program and while I've been distracted with moving these past few weeks, I've put off the last two lessons. I continue to review Sessions and write in my journal but I've taken a few weeks to see how I can handle my anxiety without the tapes and homework. I've had relapses and I have to admit, they scare me. I'm able to identify the direct correlation between my panicky feelings to thoughts of guilt or anticipation or just from too much coffee or alcohol. I know that I must continue to practice my positive thinking until it replaces my negative habits. I've allowed for the normal anxiety that comes with change and I know that I don't have to be done with the Program when I'm done with the Program.

I feel now more that my team is assembled. I've tried to put these tools away to see how I fare, but the key is in practicing with them until this all becomes second nature. They'll blend into my psyche and be "put away" that way. I'm aware that this change is on going and definitely not easy, but knowing this helps me. Sometimes it still feels like I'm grasping at straws, but at least I know what straws I'm grasping at. I am looking into a new place I haven't been before and am allowing for the anxiety that comes with that. It's now more than ever I can see how I almost want to relapse as my past is somewhere I'm familiar with. I'll focus on seeing stress for what it is and will under react to keep it from getting the best of me.

Return to “Session 14 - How to Keep Stress from Becoming Anxiety”