Boredom

Stress can keep you down. Stress can also help you create. Learn to make stress a positive force in your life.
patrromig

Boredom

Post by patrromig » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:55 pm

I never realized that boredom could be a "stress-er" until Lucinda said something about it on this session. I never really thought I have had much stress here lately but I guess I have more stress on me than I truly know. I stay at home and do not work because I'm disabled, i get bored a lot we have no cable, no internet I do this via my smart phone, and all there is left for me to do is draw, paint, and read. (Aside from cleaning house and other daily stuff that has to be done). But my point is I still get bored, and when I really get bored I sleep. Anyone got any ideas please help? I read, draw, paint, wood working, play games on PlayStation, walk as far and and as long as i can without pain. But still this isn't seeming to be enough to keep me busy enough during the day.
Last edited by patrromig on Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

patrromig

Re: Boredom

Post by patrromig » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:46 pm

So I figured I would sit down and make up a plan for my day instead of just "living int the moment" during the day.

THH

Re: Boredom

Post by THH » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:02 pm

Hi!
Just read your post. Good for you drawing, reading and doing creative things! Maybe you need more people in your life. You mentioned you are disabled, do you have some other people to help you, or to do things with? Is there any other things in your community that you could get with other people in? Maybe a painting class, or a class from the library? A church group?

I know for myself, I work at home, and I can go days with out going out. I can tell when I need to go into town and be around people. Even a trip to the store can help. Good luck to you!

Return to “Session 14 - How to Keep Stress from Becoming Anxiety”