My Progress

Stress can keep you down. Stress can also help you create. Learn to make stress a positive force in your life.
Mina's Man

My Progress

Post by Mina's Man » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:58 am

:) Hello, My name is Reginald. I rarely post here but, since I've almost completed Session 14 I just wanted to share some postings from my journal. Maybe my progress will help others to keep it movin'

Monday 10/3/11; Day 6, Session 14

I have to go back to moms again this morning. After that, it's into Manhattan to pay a long overdue bill and to run other errands. What the hell! Update: This turned out to be a very good day. I had a lot of running around to do and there was no way out of it. I accomplished everything. I can't believe how easy it was. Also, I made an appointment for Wednesday with a debt counselor to help fix my money problems.

Tuesday 10/4/11; Day 7, Session 14

Today should be an easy day since I'll be spending it at home. I'm still glowing from the successes of yesterday. Tomorrow I have to go to debt counseling in Manhattan. Wish me luck.

Now for some of you reading this my problems may seem like small potatoes. Let me put things into perspective. A few months ago, I wouldn't even leave the house unless it was absolutely necessary. I was terrified! My life was falling apart and on top of that I had/have an aging mom in poor health who depends on me almost totally. I had bought this program about four years ago but never completed it. This past June was my birthday. I knew I had to do something, so I dug the old tapes out, dusted them off and promised myself that whatever happened, I was going to finish this. Well, tomorrow I'll be beginning Session 15. I'm not going to say that I am totally well. I'm not! I have a long way to go, and may even have to start taking some form of medication at some point. But I can say this much: I feel a hell of a lot better than I did 3-1/2 months ago on my birthday ;)

Don't know if this means much to any of you, but it surely makes a difference in my existence. Later
:) Reg

Paisleegreen

Re: My Progress

Post by Paisleegreen » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:51 pm

Hip, Hip, Hooray! :D This is great news! Wow, to drive into Manhattan after not leaving your home is a BIG DEAL! :mrgreen:
I've been there years ago and only can imagine how hard this would be. Let us know how the Debt Counselor Meeting went. Paislee :mrgreen:

Return to “Session 14 - How to Keep Stress from Becoming Anxiety”