Stress over little things.

Stress can keep you down. Stress can also help you create. Learn to make stress a positive force in your life.
mramirez10

Stress over little things.

Post by mramirez10 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:11 pm

So I'm still stressing over little things, like house hold chores, making dinner, going shopping, or even planning a fun day out. I don't nessecarily get anxiety from these things, but they do stress me out. I feel that I'm constantly looking in the future about what needs to be done, and wondering how I'm going to do it. Then I feel incompitent, and then I get anxious. Something I've tried for the past few weeks that is helping, is picking 3 things to do, and only 3. I wake up each morning and pick 3 things from my list of things to do. My goal is to focus on those three things one at a time. If I think of something else that needs to be done I put it on my list, then put it out of my mind. Then If I get all 3 things done that day then I'll pick one more thing to do from my list of things to do. Then If I get that done then I'll pick something else, and so on. It is helping me so much, and I'm actually getting more accomplished then I was before. I also feel so good about what I am able to do each day. Instead of feeling incompitent, anxious, and worthless, I feel excited, productive, and compitent. I'm also taking advise from this session that when I feel stressed, after I do my 3 things I'll stop and rest or do something fun. That way I'm not pushing my self too hard.

Paisleegreen

Re: Stress over little things.

Post by Paisleegreen » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:52 am

Hi, you have been reading my mind! :lol: I lie in bed thinking of all the things I need to do and just get so overwhelmed. I use to use a Dayplanner, but haven't needed one lately like I use to because I don't go anywhere, have children to raise and pretty much let go of the calendar. Only because of the anxiety took over last year and it was all I could do to get out of bed and get dressed.

Now I'm doing much better and find that I've got to have a central spot or more than a calendar, which that would help, to keep me or get me organized instead of overwhelmed. I have "floating pieces of paper" as reminders that just become piles. So I'm going to dig through my stuff and get my Dayplanner out, and get new calendar and address sheets. I'm finding that I can't quite trust my computer for these things because I don't have Windows on my computer and I'm on Linux system which is so foreign to me at this time and my Geek son is too busy to really sit down and work with me on learning the program Linux has.

My problem now is that short term memory isn't as good as it use to be and with my anxiety learning new things is so difficult. I think I could eliminate a lot of clutter if I can get things in a more retrievable location. I have so many wedding receptions to go to and other things like that. Where in the past it was so much easier, but not now with so many family members affecting my goals or household space and time. Paislee

Return to “Session 14 - How to Keep Stress from Becoming Anxiety”