Building a Better Life... Session 14

Stress can keep you down. Stress can also help you create. Learn to make stress a positive force in your life.
mcshope

Building a Better Life... Session 14

Post by mcshope » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:58 pm

BUILDING A BETTER LIFE

I can't believe we are on session 14..... and doing great. :D

This thread is open to anyone who is going thru the program. We are now on session 14 and we will start a new lesson every week. We are following Lucinda's Program the way is meant to be, listening to the sessions, reading the lessons, completing the assignments. This is just an space to share your experiences and progress.

It has been a great experience to go thru the program with the company and support of other people. It is nice to know that there are people willing to listen and share their experiences.

We would like to support each other, share our progress and continue growing and learning. If you have anything to share, join us, we learn a lot from other people's experiences.

Video for this week
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc9OOtXiv7g

Paisleegreen

Re: Building a Better Life... Session 14

Post by Paisleegreen » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:03 pm

Boy, this sure is an ongoing thing. I just posted elsewhere how just coping with certain family members is frustrating. I have a 30 year old single daughter who just can bring on so much anxiety in me when she is around. I know part of it is her own anxiety, but she isn't the type to admit it or read self help books, etc. So I just have to tiptoe around her or stay clear. She doesn't live at home, but she now is our bookkeeper in the business that my husband and I started 20 years ago. So its a bit distressing to have her be more involved in my affairs and time with DH. Eventually, things will change, but today I just felt it more. That's all for now...I've been working on dejunking my yard. It isn't easy...but I'm taking Baby Steps. Paislee :mrgreen:

THH

Post by THH » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:08 pm

Hello everyone! :D
I have not disappeared. Our business is really busy, not all money making business but dealing with every ones needs on the service end of the business. It is very stress full for me as I know how busy my husband is and when I'm that busy I know I won't be seeing him anytime soon. Its somewhat seasonal with the heaviest part in the summer.
The rub for me is with this economy I am afraid to pass on some things that maybe I would of a few years ago. Several other guys I know are not getting calls, so We are blessed. It is a fine line from too much, to not much at all. Feast or famine.
I thought I would keep much of the work and have more help available for my husband. Wow did that make extra work for myself. Not the brightest idea I have had! LOL... So now rather then manage 1 farrier, I am managing 2 more! Oh what a mess I got myself in. My plan is to see how it goes for another month, and if it does not get better dissolve the practice.

I have had more home improvements that need my over site. I feel like I want to run away and hide. I'm tired of people right now. So I'm working on keeping it all together and taking care of myself as well. I see the problem as I'm not very good at taking care of myself!

Yes baby steps that is really all we can do. Also try to be positive as much as I can as I am aware of how negative I can be at times. Getting anxious for all the work I have to yet do not feeling good enough to get it done, and worry because I can't. At least I am aware and I can keep working on all these things.

I hope everyone is doing well, sorry I have not been on much. I have another month of this and I should be at a slower pace. Have a nice weekend!!! ;)

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:52 am

I sure can relate THH--my husband has more work, since we had to let two employees go, and two of our adult children work for us, so I don't get much attention or help, so I'm frustrated and overwhelmed. DH just lost his temper with me when I was asking about a place we get to stay in later this month. He doesn't know all the details because he has to wait for the other person to figure out what they are going to do. So now I'm hearing the days are changing...and DH gets upset when I am just asking simple questions because he is so tired.

So that was no fun, but when was I suppose to ask him? I'm a planner and still get anxiety when things change or aren't settled.
I just wonder, am I going to survive the next 10 years? I know, we shouldn't look into the future too much. So I'm using the skills learned here, tomorrow is another day. Whew...and if the days don't work out...No Big Deal...right? :) Paislee :mrgreen:

mcshope

Post by mcshope » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:24 pm

THH

Post by THH » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:45 pm

Paislee,
So good you realize that your DH is over tired and maybe that will help you to not take how he reacts to you personally. Its hard I know. My husband is at work on the job and I am home with the phones, I know some calls he will not want to hear about and when I tell him, he yells at me to tell them this or that. I sometimes feel that we have no personal life, that everything and everyone comes first. So I get it. Its not true though. This is the mind set I have to take other wise I start that victim thinking and just get mad! And that is silly. He is tired too, and doing his best. So when I am more understanding and sympathetic to how he is feeling, things run smoother.

I hope you got things figured out. I think you got it right. Who knows, 10 years is a long time. One day at a time...ANd if it don't go perfectly its ok. You'll have fun being away.

It is hard being flexible but we have to remember it is a choice. It will make us feel better by easing into things rather than plan things to go a certain way and be crushed when it don't go that way. ;)

Hope you have a wonderful vacation! Enjoy... ( when you going?)

Return to “Session 14 - How to Keep Stress from Becoming Anxiety”