setbacks

Stress can keep you down. Stress can also help you create. Learn to make stress a positive force in your life.

setbacks

Post by 286 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:01 pm

I started to make real strides about 50 days ago. It seemed like I was no longer anxious at all. I couldn't feel that sick anticipatory feeling anymore. It was beautiful to really feel that I could truly be over this. Work was different, relationships better, everything felt right. Then I went shopping had some anxious feelings and have not quite come out of it yet. Although there have been moments of clarity that I was back on the right path I'm still feeling like all the plans I was making now have to be put on hold until I'm ok again. That setback was about 3 weeks ago. Can anyone offer some advice from their own personal experience that might help me? I'd like to add that I got scared for the first time when I was 11 doing a school play and I have suffered with this condition since. I am now 58. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel but am still struggling. Wayne

patrromig

Re: setbacks

Post by patrromig » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:05 pm

I still have anxiety when going to the store, don't give up on your plans or put them on hold. You will be able to feel like your on the right track again whatever it takes. A suggestion I would have is review sessions that you feel really helped you. That's what is nice whenever you need to look back you can. Just don't give up.

lockdo

Post by lockdo » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:29 am

I am bracing for Hurricane Isaac. I am a little anxious about it but I will make it through!!!

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:41 pm

Hi Lockdo,
Please keep us posted. Be safe!

peony

Post by peony » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:09 am

to 286,

I am a depressive, have tended to be a bit of a shut in at times. When I started the program I made great strides. I had a very active few months, even taking a break in the program because I was so involved and busy. Socializing, traveling, visiting, hosting. Now recently I had a setback and started to feel depressed again, like before starting the program. I remembered that session 3 was really great for me and decided to review session 3. It really is the core of the whole program for me.

For me I have to be very careful to keep on top of the sneaky little negative thoughts that just try to sneak in!

I guess Lucinda is right about negative thoughts being an addiction.

I think I'm getting back on with writing the thoughts down and changing them.

Good luck to all.

Return to “Session 14 - How to Keep Stress from Becoming Anxiety”