The Challenge...Lesson 14

Stress can keep you down. Stress can also help you create. Learn to make stress a positive force in your life.
THH

Re: The Challenge...Lesson 14

Post by THH » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:36 pm

Paislee,
Thanks! No word again today. Oh well as they say, no news is good news!

I always liked Goldie! I may have missed it if it was on today:(

NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:16 am

Paisleegreen
Oh my god colors! This is going to be really scary!

You got that right that it was anxiety producing! I wouldn't have done it or any other job but my fear of going back to living with my family was much stronger that I did do it but man was that one of the hardest times I'd ever had with my anxiety and that was waaaaaaaaay before finding the program.

I only know the scale that was mentioned in the vids...don't know about disocuragement scale or crying in the scale or anything.

THH
You mean you went to a court or something? Are you having trouble sleeping from this?

Yes it was really stressful and I'd be stressed from what you did too.

Mike

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:43 am

Hey, MIke and others, I posted on the other Session Thread, but wanted to let you know I was able to buy the Program at a discount from someone on Craigslist. Wow, much better than what I got from my sister, so I've been reading what is on the pass along cards, very helpful, as I was able to really look at them and had the time too. Even though it has been posted by THH when we do the sessions, but I would have to read them on the computer. And now I'm at a different "space" in my anxiety levels and learning curve that I understand more of what is on the cards.

THH

Post by THH » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:10 pm

Yes colors!!! think spring! :D
Mike,
No I have not gone to court, and I'm hoping that I don't get pushed to going to small claims court over this. But I have had to do alot of investigating for myself about this problem. The company Bryan / Carrier tells me one thing and my contractor who has put it in and serviced my furnace for the last seven years tells me another. My contractor has taken my money and collected from Bryant/ Carrier as well. I'm working on a letter stating my facts and receipts and asking for a certian amount of money I feel owed to me. Maybe my contractor will take this serious and want to settle it with out going to court over it. I talked to 2 people who know law and everyone has encouraged me to take them to small claims court. That is not my style so I hope I get some action with a well written letter? We'll see???
No I'm not having trouble sleeping over it. It is just hard for me keeping dates, charges, and stuff like that straight. I think I mentioned I wondered how my contractor could sleep knowing he over charged me money when it should have been at no cost to me. It is sad when people just want money and don't care about reputation or doing the right thing. It appears honesty to be a ethic that is no longer practiced!
Paislee,
So glad you now have the complete program! I can't imagine having pieces of it. It works together and I can see how if you don't have the whole set how you can't get the most out of it. Glad you found it even cheaper on Creigs List.The work book and cds, dvds,relaxation tapes, and carry cards. It is a little confusing when you first get it. It all falls into place quickly. YEY!

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:34 pm

Is this the place to post on not letting Stress become anxiety? :) Today, I took out more garbage cans before the truck came. I would trim dead plants as I went along gathering different cans in different areas in my yard. I have to be careful to not let this become stressful or think negative thoughts, which are, "Will I ever get this property looking nice?" "Will I ever get the weeds killed?" "Will I have to let go of some of my gardening goals?" "What am I going to let go of?" and so forth.

I finally finished up what I could do before the truck was to arrive and my body was telling me to stop. As I had done some gardening the day before when the weather was warmer. Although, the weather was still nice but had been raining. So after I rested, I went into the kitchen surveyed the mess left from the other night and dishes that needed washing and of course other chores of "That should be washed" "or the floor needs to be vacuumed" and so forth.

I had brought in a plastic dishpan from outdoors that had stayed there all winter. I think I used it to hold fish or waterlilies when I cleaned out my pond. Anyway, I brought inside to the kitchen to wash it out. While doing so, I figured I'll soak some dishes in the soapy water. Then while I did this I accidentally knocked glass onto the floor and it shattered. Oh, great, I'm thinking...I'm barefoot and I'm not feeling that good (still on antibiotics) and I knew that I couldn't leave the broken/shattered glass on the floor rug and vinyl. Ugh.... :| :roll: So first thing I weighed the idea of taking a Xanax, even a nibble, but instead went into my bedroom, got a leftover Alka Seltzer and shoes.

Now to attack the mess! I swept the floor, before that took some Alka Seltzer w/ water and ice. Not the whole tablet...I'm still sensitive to medicine. Then I knew I would have to vacuum the rug and then throw it in the washer. Along with a couple other floor rugs that needed it.

So I did that and vacuumed the vinyl as well and surveyed anything else that would have splinters of tiny glass in it. Not safe to eat anything with sharp glass in it. Then I proceeded the task of emptying the dishwasher so that I could load it with the dishes from Sunday and Monday. DS's young adult friends, two of them, cooked dinner, but I end up with the dishes. DH was out of town.

I did that task and worked on loading the dishwasher and stuck to it until it was full and continued washing anything else that didn't fit and putting it away. I listened to DR Phil that was prerecorded on RAGE. Very interesting and decided that I don't have the Warrior Gene in me, but definitely felt the surge of stress due to the medication I am taking for a Sinus Infection.

But I am proud of myself for giving myself Positive Self Talk as I methodically went about the task at hand and kept myself calm. I'm glad I was alone and could think things through. I even did well as I had the task of taking DS's clothes out of the dryer so that I would have that free, which reminds me, I need to put a load of towels in the dryer. I even took his overflowing wastebasket of cat food cans out to the recycle bin. Hopefully, they are meant to be recycled. Also, I stopped his toilet from constant running. That is what took me downstairs in the first place was to see if the toilet was running.

So I have to say that I met the Challenge and went beyond today. I feel really good about myself and the progress I have made. :D Paislee

Return to “Session 14 - How to Keep Stress from Becoming Anxiety”