Anxiety after months free

Stress can keep you down. Stress can also help you create. Learn to make stress a positive force in your life.
blessedwith4

Anxiety after months free

Post by blessedwith4 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:04 pm

Hi all. I have been doing so well for several months and then I feel like I have been hit with it all over again. I am trying to control the thoughts and anxious feelings by telling myself that it is just anxiety and I am not dieing or having a heart attack, however I am not able to kick it.
Every single body symptom is noticed so much more. A couple of days ago I woke up in the night with my arms kinda tingling..thinking it was the way I slept but ofcourse the anxiety takes over from such a simple thing. Since yesterday, my left arm is so achy, not sharp pain, but more as if I have been lifting weights, very sore tender muscles. This has happened in the past but I find that it travels throughout my body...sometimes my legs, back whatever! I am so exhausted of this crap. It seems as though I am so "in tune" with my body that I find myself so focused on EVERY LITTLE feeling in my body. I know they say that stress can make you sick and with that I am thinking that is what brings on all these different physical symptoms. I just ordered three of Lucindas books, and I am hoping they will help. Its amazing how much better one feels after getting on and talking about your symptoms and realize you are not alone. Another big one is the pressure and tightness in my chest.....I hate it!!!! Please, if anyone has any advice or similar symptoms, share! I know this is just another phase but golly I am OVER IT!!!!! It needs to go away.

Paisleegreen

Re: Anxiety after months free

Post by Paisleegreen » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:44 pm

Hi blessed w/4 I wasn't able to get on line until now. I understand your symptoms and find it frustrating myself. I notice all of mine as well. Fun, huh? I think being able to write in down and talk about it here really helps. I hope things are going better for you since you posted this. Paislee

THH

Post by THH » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:09 pm

blessedw4,
Hi! I know all the things you posted all too well. I guess what I would ask myself is what have I been thinking about? Today and the last couple days? I can usually see that it is something that I am uncomfortable with. Rather than deal with it, I have learned to keep it all inside and worry! So for me I would start the questions. Once you got that figured out you can make choices to deal or let it go, or what ever need to be done.
It is hard! We can do this though.... Good luck to you!!! :D

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:25 pm

I ditto THH--it is something I'm anxious about and not dealing with. Ugh. Hope things are going better for you. Paislee

Ed2010

Post by Ed2010 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:30 pm

Relapses are a bad part of beating anxiety when i relapse i just get very assertive with myself and keep saying that i am stronger than the anxiety and wont put up with the feelings any more than i write or do busy work for awhile and bofore you know it im feeling better try not to get frusterated cause that just makes your feelings worse you can beat it good luck to you.

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:26 am

Thanks Ed for your comments. I do the same thing, I have to keep remembering where I was and how far I've come. Yippee!

cj20520

Post by cj20520 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:34 am

Wow, i feel like you got inside my body and described me. I think all of us have had the "relapse", and more so as we progress through the program. We have alot to deal with and it surfaces at different times depending on what we are working on. All of the advice above is spot on. I would suggest you write, just sit down and right every thought that pops into your mind. It might work better if you do it on the computer as you can go faster and keep up with your thoughts easier. Do this for about 20 minutes and see where your focus is at. Then do whatever it is that helps you relax the most. I too hate those days when it all returns, but you need to look back and see how far you have come and now you have the tools to banish it and move forward more easily.

Hugs
cj

NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:25 pm

blessedwith4;

When did this replapse happen?
Around that time, what difficult and stressful situations or events arose?
What have you been doing to deal with those events?
What are you doing right now to eliminate the stress?
What situations right now are bothering you?
What are you doing to deal with these situations?
What happens if you don't deal with these situations?

MIke

blessedwith4

Post by blessedwith4 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:36 pm

Thank you all for your thoughts on this. I am feeling a bit better but still pretty anxious. There are times that I can actually say that I don't have anxiety issues....and then it's like BAM and they are all right in my face again. I can't seem to pin point any "one" thing that causes it. It always seems so easy to say "just dont stress" but when you have an anxiety disorder/problems you can't just "not stress"....UGH! Thanks again to everyone. It is an instant relief just to know that we are not alone suffering. Thanks ~

johnnyG

Post by johnnyG » Sun May 15, 2011 9:30 pm

greetings,
Been there, still there. I find that meditation seems to help, also Tai Chi. LOTS of differnet styles, info etc
is on Youtube. I download many self help tapes, classes, etc and listen on my MP3 player. Focus on your breath,
whenever you catch yourself losing your focus on calm, slow breathing, just go back to your breath and refocus.
Focusing on your breath and observing your thoughts is meditation.
God Bless
Johnny

Return to “Session 14 - How to Keep Stress from Becoming Anxiety”