Anxiety/Depression.

Stress can keep you down. Stress can also help you create. Learn to make stress a positive force in your life.
ethenmorsn86

Post by ethenmorsn86 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:57 pm

I've always been a bit anxious and unable to deal with certain situations ever since I was a kid. I've ran into different symptoms such as vomits, difficulty breathing, headaches and a few more that I can't remember of now.I've felt those in some bad moments of my life when I was younger, but at some point it looked like I was way better, but later on, some situations lead me into the most severe part of anxiety (depression).
I've been feeling very anxious and depressed these last months (3 or 4), but this wasn't caused by any specific moment, I guess it was just all the crap thats been happening lately in my life (such as having really bad grades, knowing I was gonna fail and then quitting school, plus being unemployed).I'm trying a psychologist for 3 weeks now, but it just doesn't seem to be helping that much. Whenever I'm with friends having a great time, I can 'forget' about most of my anxiety/depression, but as soon as I'm alone, I start having weird thoughts (such as 'life doesn't make sense) , and I start feeling depressed.Also, my heartbeat rate goes up like hell and I get all shakey, plus a few more symptoms such as headaches.

Kay Pierson

Post by Kay Pierson » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:08 am

I can relate to all this I seem pretty normal when I am busy and something going on but when I try to just sit and relax that is when the anxiety starts

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:44 am

I can understand the feelings you are going through. Never had the physical symptoms before until recently, but understand the grades, losing jobs, etc.
I feel better when I'm with friends or family that care and I otherwise occupied. But then get some lonely and sometimes anxious feelings.

I like what the others have said and one thing I always like hearing was when someone said to go to people that smile when you enter a room or are happy to see you. :) But you know to beware of the bad "smiling faces" right?

Return to “Session 14 - How to Keep Stress from Becoming Anxiety”