no more stress

Stress can keep you down. Stress can also help you create. Learn to make stress a positive force in your life.
flowerlady

Post by flowerlady » Mon Apr 07, 2003 10:22 am

I am trying to not let family problems that can cause stress ,not cause anxiety .If any body has any little keys to help me with this I would love to hear .I am doing so much better and I can tell I have a problem with this help ! I know there are a few of us that would love to have any help with this .
If you keep doing what you have always done you will keep getting what you always got

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 08, 2003 2:30 am

flowerlady~

I have a hard time with this too. This is what I try to do

1) be less effected by what is going on around me
2) not take it personally
3) let others solve their own problems
4) take some time for myself, especially for a brisk walk
5) relaxation tape
6) know that in the end, everything works out

Hope these help.

Take care-Silvana

Carolyn Dickman

Post by Carolyn Dickman » Tue Apr 08, 2003 5:18 am

flowerlady,
I agree with Silvana1. Remember to be an underreactor. If you feel yourself getting stressed or angered by a situation, resolve or dissolve it.

I think the biggest thing I do when visiting family is take time for myself. I set aside down time where I relax and get back in touch with the person I've become. It helps because I've noticed that its almost like my family expects me to be who I used to be and its so easy to fit back into those old familial roles. So, take time for yourself.

Next, I steer clear of having to fix everything. My parents and siblings are all adults and can solve their own differences/problems. Everything bad or negative that is happening is not my responsibility to make right. Step back, focus on you and let things unfold on their own.

Hope this helps a little.
Zair

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 09, 2003 9:39 am

Thanks zair and silvanna I do need to get in to the thinking that I can`t solve all there problems .Just as you said zair I need to let them figure out there own things and, I am sure I will doing a whole lot better as well .I also am glad that you mentioned that they have to get use to me not helping them all the time. No more of that we can change because we have that power . Thanks againe for your thoughts :)
we are the keys to our recovery :D

Caterina

Post by Caterina » Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:24 am

Ride a bike...........freedom.

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:02 pm

Thanks for the good tips silvana...never hurts to be reminded.

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:10 pm

over thinking all problems how to deal with it

Return to “Session 14 - How to Keep Stress from Becoming Anxiety”