Anxiety/Panic relapse

Stress can keep you down. Stress can also help you create. Learn to make stress a positive force in your life.

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:32 am

hello everyone im new to the site..ive been having panic attacks. my symptoms are really scary...my heart rate speeds up i get really dizzy and get sweaty it feels like im having a heart attack and i seem to worry about it all day..i feel like im going crazy!!! any suggestions..and is it normal to have that dizzy feeling hours after the panic atttack? i have a med called MECLIZINE 25mg,the doc gave me for dizziness but im scared to take it,has anyone ever taken this med and if so did it help with the dizziness..i just feel like im losing control.please help

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:48 pm

hello all i have had all the symptoms as well i have had this for bout 6 yrs now and i did try meclizine it works a bit

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:25 am

This is my 3rd week.I have had a pressure headache for 38 yrs and it NEVER goes away.I have had every test that can be done,so im trying this program.Anyone with same symptoms?Needless to say
I have anxiety and big time panic attacks.
KCfive

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:26 pm

Hi Ken - I deal with the headaches too - daily migraines. Sometimes starts as a sinus headache, sometimes stress but the worst ones are when I have sinus, stress and emotions (like some confrontation at work or with dh and the kids). I was very excited last week - got through 2 1/2 days with no headache or sinus medicine - Yeah me! The program helped me to recognize the triggers. Right now dh and I are both in between jobs which is VERY stressful. I deal with it with daily exercise, Yoga, keeping myself busy with church activities - I'm in charge of the prayer room, the Pumpkin Patch ministry and I mentor the Youth. And sticking to a routine - for now it's get up, get the kids to school, bike ride or exercise dvd, house stuff, lunch and then from lunch to 5 p.m. job search. Evenings are for relaxing - books, t.v., piano, etc. I'm still having to go back to the "practice sessions" about the perfectionism. But you know what? When life throws us a curve ball I get out my "stress tapes" {my name for the program} dust them off and start all over. They work if you work them. Best of luck! God bless!

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:38 am

Sorry for changing the subject but I am new and can not find a way to participate in the forums. Could someone tell me how to get in. Thank, Nancy G

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:32 am

Originally posted by berengar:
Say 'this is a memory, this is not how we do things anymore'.
berengar, you practically read my mind. (though of course i had this thought about 6 months after you posted, but anyways...)

being in similar situations to when i've had past panic attacks is something that will almost always bring up the nerves. i had a relapse a few days ago, and now i'm working very hard with the self-talk to remind myself that the recurring fear is simply a memory of previous fear, not something new and real. it also helps me to realize that fear is the most easily conditioned emotion, and to think about my feelings in very clinical terms.

Return to “Session 14 - How to Keep Stress from Becoming Anxiety”