My stress level is extremely high

Stress can keep you down. Stress can also help you create. Learn to make stress a positive force in your life.
bna

Post by bna » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:17 pm

This last 2 weeks have very stressful. The week before last, had a flareup of my asthma due to allergies. Just beginning to feel well physically when at the beginning of the week found out our house was full of pests.

We needed to move out to have the house sprayed, that was tues-wed. My allergist thought best for us to move out due to our asthma issues.

Then WWed/thurs 2 of my kids with mysterious rashes. Took them to the pediatrician's office- told poison ivy. Then today our dog bit our 9 yr old. The vet seems to think, but can't be sure, if he was rubbing her to hard near her ears-as the vet said the dog has an ear infection. I am out of my mind with fear because the dog's rabies shot has been out since May.

I knew this but I had been procrastinating getting the shot done, as I am allergic to the dog and didn't want her in my van. Now she has bit my son. Something she has never done before. She is 9 1/2 yr old bassestt hound.

I feel absolutely horrible and sick over this.Thank God my son's bite is superficial bit in his forearm area.

The vet and the pediatrician think the dog is fine and the chance that she has rabies is minuscal. I had been keeping the dog in the house most of the time, and especially if the neighbors were over, because of her rabies shot being out.

I having been doing my best to see all the positives but I am feeling bombarded and guilt ridden over the dog incident.

I know things could be so much worse- someone could be seriously ill, the rashes could have been worse, and the dog could have bit my son in the face or one of the neighbors kids who comes over to play.

I am beginning to hear the negative junk voice beginning to rear its ugly head. I had been managing my stress fairly well up to this point but now I am feel the whinning- self pity voice is shouting to be heard.

I keep telling myself things like this happen. It's life, you deal with the good and the bad and then move forward. I am now able to at least deal with them as they are happening, whereas in the past I would totally decompensated.

If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions, I would appreciate it.
Thank you for listening. Take care and God Bless.

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:22 am

Hi. Yes, those are a lot of real stressors! Do you fall back on the emergency fix questions which were part of Session 15? I have found that they do help me quickly catch and zap those moments when the negative chit-chat tries to start up. Here is my "emergency fix-it journal repair question" list:
1. What am I feeling?
2. What made me feel this way?
3. Am I vulnerable, because of illness, fatigue, other reason?
4. Am I over-reacting?
5. How can I react differently?
6. Do I need a time out?
7. How important will this stressor be in a year?
8. What can I do right now to make myself feel better?
9. What am I trying to talk myself into with all this negative chit-chat?

These help me put a focus on real stressors, and makes it easier to problem solve. Best wishes.

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:01 am

Pecos Thank you very much. Your response was exactly what I needed. You always have great thoughts and reflections. I have read many of your oother posts. take care and God Bless.

Ammy

Re: My stress level is extremely high

Post by Ammy » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:51 am

Depression involves the chemical responses of the brain and can be treated any other illness. To overcome depression, Create small goals. Don’t take on additional responsibility from yourself right away.

Generic For Sinequan tricyclic antidepressants

Return to “Session 14 - How to Keep Stress from Becoming Anxiety”