The Quiet Mind

Attention book lovers! Have a great book to share or recommend? Post your reviews.
BrendaDreams

Post by BrendaDreams » Mon May 12, 2008 5:09 pm

I just started reading it last weekend. It gives you a lot to think about. The thing that has stuck with me for two or 3 days is the idea of what things you want in each of your days. I have not been able to really determime my answer. Can you?
"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent"- Eleanor Roosevelt

karenb

Post by karenb » Tue May 13, 2008 6:35 am

I just ordered the book and it should arrive in about 5 days. I hope it is really a good book. I was told they revised it in 1998. Hey, Brenda, after reading it more, what are your thoughts on it now?

BrendaDreams

Post by BrendaDreams » Wed May 14, 2008 8:31 am

I still like it. I think I've figured out some of the things I want in each day: time to read, play with animals, talk with one friend each day, and prayer/devotional.
"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent"- Eleanor Roosevelt

faithinme

Post by faithinme » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:16 pm

Thank you everyone! I just ordered "A Quiet Mind " on Amazon. I can't wait to get it. I have tried to get this book for a long time and just kept putting it off. One reason all the stores that would order it are a good hours drive away and the cost. It will be delivered to my door in just a few days for just $8.50 that included s/h. I am so excited. YEAH ME! I guess I am not being very quiet right this minute. Peace be with all of you and I would like to recommend "Moving Forward With Possiblity Thinking" by Robert Schuller. It gives you a lot of insight on looking at whatever life gives you be it bad or good to look at it from different perspectives. I bought at yard sale for 75 cents. Cheap Therapy is hard to beat. :D
Last edited by faithinme on Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ricky Adams

Post by Ricky Adams » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:17 am

I read "The Quiet Mind" it was awesome. I also would suggest books by Joyce Meyer, like "The Battlefield of The Mind" and "Be Anxious for Nothing"

RCA

Post by RCA » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:08 am

I read "The Battlefield of the Mind" several years ago and it was a great help to me. It is very good and I recommend it highly. As a matter of fact, I do women's a jail ministry and several years ago I gave every one of the women a copy of the book for Christmas. They all loved the book and they said it helped them so much in their on lives.

Ivyheart <><

Post by Ivyheart <>< » Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:12 am

what does occult style mean? That may sound like a stupid question but I am confused?