A very helpful book for recovery

Attention book lovers! Have a great book to share or recommend? Post your reviews.
Michelle1

Post by Michelle1 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:41 pm

I forgot to mention that there is a book titled: Adrendal Fatigue: The 21st Century Stress Syndrome, by James L. Wilson.

It describes what Adrenal Fatigue looks like (often anxiety and depression) and how our adrenals can become worn out. It also goes into detail on how to recover. It offers a daily schedule, what foods to eat and avoid and supplements to take.
FYI I went to doctors, psychologist, counsellor and then finally a naturalpath told me about this and how it can lead to panic attacks, racing thoughts, waking up in the middle of the night and panicking, etc. I am feeling so much better since she has put me on supplements and told me what foods to avoid. If you have any questions, I would be happy to do my best to answer them. I thought I was loosing it and now I understand more of what I am feeling and how to control it through exercise and diet. It's great!!!

monty'smom

Post by monty'smom » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:19 pm

Hi Michelle1,

Sounds very interesting!!
What type of supplements are you on and what are the worst foods to eat that cause problems?

Very curious about this!

Thanks for posting it.
Take care
BELIEVE YOU CAN CONQUER ANYTHING~ AND YOU WILL !! I DID IT, YES !!!!!

Michelle1

Post by Michelle1 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:03 am

Hi

Yes it is very interesting. I have learned how we can become very deficient in certain minerals and vitamins when expereincing highly stressful situations. This then can lead to more anxiety and depression. Since I have been following this regime, it hasn't been an overnight recovery, but wow, have I noticed a difference. I finally can see the light at the tunnel and feel like I am returning to my old self again!

The following has been helpful for me.
Vitamin B complex 2 a day 1 at breakfast and lunch
Calcium Magnesium 4 after 8 pm
Fish oil -high in DHA (otherwise known as natures prozac)
Minerals- 2 with dinner

I also get on the treadmill 1/2 hr a day which lowers my cortisol levels and reduces my heart racing and allows me to sleep better at night.

I have cut out caffene and reduced sugar and fruits with high sugar content. Also white flour.

So pretty much I eat meat, fish, vegetables and rice. I have a protein shake in the morning and use Amarinth grain to make hot cereal, or Amarinth or spelt flour to make pancakes. Apparaently oats don't go very well with people with Adrenal fatigue and have found that to be true.

Hope this is helpful. I am very happy to share this with you since it has been a lifesaver for me.
:)

panicked

Post by panicked » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:27 am

thanks for all the info im going to buy the book this weekend i didnt realize all these things make you more stressed i dont even take vitamins but am going to start again thanks

monty'smom

Post by monty'smom » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:38 am

Thanks Michelle for the info. I eat oatmeal almost every day...guess I'll stop as of now. I was using it to lower my LDL cholesterol. It seems if something is good for one area of our health it's bad for another. hard to know what to eat anymore.

Do you mind sharing the amounts and types of minerals, and other supplement you take?

Thanks so much!!!!

monty'smom

Post by monty'smom » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:02 am

Originally posted by Michelle1:
I forgot to mention that there is a book titled: Adrendal Fatigue: The 21st Century Stress Syndrome, by James L. Wilson.

It describes what Adrenal Fatigue looks like (often anxiety and depression) and how our adrenals can become worn out. It also goes into detail on how to recover. It offers a daily schedule, what foods to eat and avoid and supplements to take.
FYI I went to doctors, psychologist, counsellor and then finally a naturalpath told me about this and how it can lead to panic attacks, racing thoughts, waking up in the middle of the night and panicking, etc. I am feeling so much better since she has put me on supplements and told me what foods to avoid. If you have any questions, I would be happy to do my best to answer them. I thought I was loosing it and now I understand more of what I am feeling and how to control it through exercise and diet. It's great!!!
This is the post several including myself have been looking for.

I am hoping this bumpas the post up enough for enyone wanting to read it again can.

peace♥seeker

Post by peace♥seeker » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:56 am

My Chiro who is also an acupuncturist, and a TCM has mentioned to me, on several occasions that I'm probably experiencing adrenal fatigue. I'll have to check out this book, thanks so much for the suggestions!

As for the oatmeal, from what I understand it's not so much the oats that are bad it's *how* were eating them. A lot of the oatmeal that we buy at the store is stripped of all it's good nutrients, quick oats are the WORST. I can't remember what their called, will have to pull out my book. If anyone is interested I'll do so. I love my oatmeal, I actually feel good & balanced in the am when I eat it.
When the world says, "Give up," Hope whispers, "Try it one more time." ~Author Unknown

LauriKay

Post by LauriKay » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:25 pm

Christine Northrup also discusses adrenal fatigue in her books. She suggests a magnesium "****tail" called "myers ****tail".
Unfortunately, i cannot get my conventional doctors to give me anything like this.
Apparently, magnesium supplements are not effective and you need the injections if you are experiencing adrenal fatigue.
I thought i had it and chronic fatigue and then in october developed this anxiety/depression disorder. Maybe I need to try and look for this myers ****tail. There is just so much out there and so manyh different possiblities, suggestions, diagnoses, etc. ugh!

K1985

Post by K1985 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:24 pm

Another good book I found similar to the Combatting Stress and Depression Program book is
"Hope and Help for Your Nerves" by Claire Weekes. It is available at amazon.com for under $10. It is a good complement to the program.