"Safe People" book recommendation from my coach

Attention book lovers! Have a great book to share or recommend? Post your reviews.
Singerchick6

Post by Singerchick6 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:42 am

Hello Everyone! I just finished reading a great book that was recommended by my Coach here at Stress. In my anxious feelings of "aloneness" I am coming to realize that there are "safe people" here and close to me. Also, that when we isolate and do not share, not only do we hurt ourselves, we hurt those who really do care about us. Although, I am a person who struggles with the concept of what I believe in, my Coach is a Christian Woman with much faith in God. She is supportive, encouraging, has faith in me, and is one of my "Safe People". The book is by the Authors: Dr.Henry Cloud & Dr.John Townsend and I was able to pick it up at a local Christian book store. Today, am in a place of gratefulness to those who love and support me, even though some of us will never meet, and I'm 'paying it forward', so to speak. I wish you peace, happiness and much love.
One Day at a Time is as Fast as anyone Can Go!

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:13 pm

Thats wonderful. I am glad you are improving. You never know where the help may come from so I am glad you are working with a coach. That must be something new to the program, I don't think they had that when I first did it, about 6 years ago. Good luck to you.