Awesome positive thinking book!

Attention book lovers! Have a great book to share or recommend? Post your reviews.
jmm84

Post by jmm84 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:50 am

I got this book at Barnes and Noble, and I'm so glad I did. It's so good! I read it in bed before I go to sleep, and it's hard for me to put the book down. It's called "Everyday Positive Thinking" by Louise L. Hay and friends. It's just a little tiny book that's green with a sunflower on the cover. I like it so much I wish I could buy one for all of us negative thinkers out there!

Here are two quotes from the book that I like, and that I feel apply to our anxiety and the program:

Pg. 51: "Devote yourself to something or someone and honor that choice--no matter what." (Devote yourself to the program and recovery.)

Pg. 67: "Personal growth can be painful, because it can make us feel ashamed and humiliated to face our own darkness. But our spiritual goal is the journey out of fear-based, painful mental habit patterns, to those of love and peace." (You like that "mental habit" stuff, don't ya? :p)

h.beth

Post by h.beth » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:14 am

thanks jmm and welcome. may get that little book for a bedtime read before sleep. no matter how well i get.....can slip back with some of lifes curveballs. always nice to keep filling up with good thinking....that old pattern of negativity can be sooo strong by times when we get hit with surprises in life that throw us.

Mary Wargo

Post by Mary Wargo » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:02 am

Her other books are also very good. Her original book "You Can Heal Your Life" is what got me started on cognitive behavior changes years ago.

jmm84

Post by jmm84 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:23 am

Yes the book is great for bedtime reading. You can fall asleep with all those good thoughts in your head instead of bad ones. And I did see her other book on the shelf in the store and wondered if it was any good. I'll have to give it a try! thanks :).

Jan Emily

Post by Jan Emily » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:56 am

Thanks. I have read other books of hers many years ago and was not aware of this one. Reading somethiong positive before going to bed and in the morning to start the day is something I'm working on to make a regular habit. In the past I most often woke up with depressive and negative thoughts, rarely anymore. I have come to see how much we are "creatures of habit," and how challenging it can be to replace a negative habit with a positive one.

jmm84

Post by jmm84 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:05 pm

i couldn't have said it better myself.