"The Secret"

Attention book lovers! Have a great book to share or recommend? Post your reviews.
BePositive-Amy

Post by BePositive-Amy » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:56 am

I am reading "The secret" by Roberta Byrne.. IF anyone read this book I would like to hear what you think about it here.
Last edited by BePositive-Amy on Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mello Nello

Post by Mello Nello » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:16 am

Amy,
I just finished the book. Bought it out of curiousity. Im glad you liked it. It wasnt for me. Love ya Nelly:)

cindylou

Post by cindylou » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:05 pm

Amy,
Very interesting book, with some intriguing ideas.
Quick read too, just not high on my list of favorites.

spirt

Post by spirt » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:48 pm

what is the book about because i love reading

WW

Post by WW » Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:09 pm

It seems like everyone is talking about this book but I honestly don't know what it is about? I love reading and would be interested in hearing more about the premise and content of this book? Thanks.

cricket

Post by cricket » Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:46 am

I loved the book, it was great. It is the truth. If you don't believe it, try it. While reading it, I realized how much I had already used it in my own life. It is the Law of Attraction, the like attracts the like. So true where anxiety is concerned, I can remember when I had anxiety how I would search the internet, talk to everyone and ask about my symptoms, what that was doing is atttracting more of the same sensations, scary thoughts and so forth.
If you did not like this book, I say read it again. You can get something out of it!
Thumbs up!
Kristen L. Baker
Kristen L. Baker
www.masteryourgoals.com

Mom of three

Post by Mom of three » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:17 am

I think, even at the end of the relaxation tape where you tell yourself "I am strong. I am in the moment...." goes along so well with The Secret.

Dina

Post by Dina » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:07 pm

Loved it! Totally the truth and you can begin to manifest what you want to. It almost happens immediatly. Test it for yourself if you dont believe it really works...now watch "what the bleep do we know" to get a scientific approach to thought. I suffered 15 years too long with this and now I get it! Watch it over and over goes right along with Lucinda, Wayne Dyer, Caroline Myss and many other inspirational writers. The powers are within just takes practice!

Glass

Post by Glass » Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:35 am

I keep listening to the cd's over and over. My wife and I know that it is true. We have both experenced attracting things.
I attracted this house we live in.
Twelve years ago I used to talk to this man at work. He used to always be telling me about this house he was fixing up. I loved to listen to him. I never seen the house, but I wanted that house in the worse way. Two years ago we bought that house, and had no idea that was the same house untill he showed up at the house while we were looking at it again after we singed the contract.
Do you want to know the icing on the cake?
The house we lived in was a mobil home that I had $16'000.00 into. Next door they put a landfill in and had no choice but to buy us out.
We recieved three times the amount we paid for this house. I feel that My wife and I attracted three nice vehicles, her collage degree,and money in stocks.
We also agree that we attracted each other. We got married eight years ago.
We have other interesting stories also.
Now that we know the secret, you should see the house we are looking at now! :D
Glen

WW

Post by WW » Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:41 am

Thanks to all for the additional info. It sounds like a great read and I am adding it to my list. Been so busy I am behind in reading as much as I prefer to but it will be my next purchase as soon as I finish the five books on my nightstand currently. I love to read so five books won't take too long if I can find a little more 'me' time.
Also a friend at work said Nightline did a segment on the book last Friday that was fairly negative. Did anyone see it?