So disorganized you are depressed or anxious about it?

Attention book lovers! Have a great book to share or recommend? Post your reviews.
Rayna

Post by Rayna » Thu Mar 25, 2004 4:26 pm

HI!

Well, you can always learn something new about yourself. I have not been "officially" diagnosed, but every chapter of this book contained the story of my life. Do you fit even one of these scenarios?.....

Are you a card-carrying, dyed in the wool, packrat?

Is your desk or dining table a foot deep in paper?

Are you a night owl, even though you have to get up early each morning for work, or to get the kids off to school?

Is there a backroom, attic, or whole garage designated the "junk room"?

Do people tell you an arrival time an hour before the REAL one, because they already know you will be late?

Do you have an unfinished project (or a dozen) laying out for soooo long that you can't even remember what it was you were doing with the stuff?

Do you say yes to everything and people aren't even surprised now when you don't do as you said you would?

Do you hate the thought of a "laundry day", or balancing your checkbook monthly, or some other boring, regularly scheduled routine?

Have you tried every Calendar, Day Planner, Palm Pilot, "note on a napkin" system for organizing your life, and not one of them "works" for you?

Do you own hundreds (or thousands) of ________ (insert your type of collection here; books, tapes, broken furniture...), and can't afford to move to a bigger home (again!)?

Do you have to clear a spot on the sofa or chair to watch television, or sit down to eat .... everyday?

Have you ever bought new clothes, dishes etc because you "ran out" by not washing the dirty ones? Do you own four flashlights, because you had to buy a new one each time you needed it? :)

Is some part of your house off-limits to outsiders because you're too embarrassed for them to see the stacked boxes of clutter? Do you not invite company any more, and your family and friends know they are NOT welcome to "drop in"?

Is your whole house a total and utter diasaster, and you don't know where to start?

OK, then run (do not pass GO, do not collect $200!) to amazon.com and get this book.......

ADD-Friendly Ways to Organize Your Life by Judith Kohlberg and Kathleen Nadeau

<A HREF="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... ce&s=books" TARGET=_blank>http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... s=books</A>

Did you know that people with ADD organizing challenges are frequently depressed and stressed-out with anxiety?

This is the best organizing book I have ever read. SIMPLE, DOABLE, AND EASY TO UNDERSTAND.

I will finally be able to put all those OTHER organizing books to use, because I finally understand HOW AND WHY some things work for some people, and others don't, wheher you have ADD or not.

And if you have a stereotype in your head that ADD means little boys who can't sit still, get bad grades, are "a handful" to their parents and teachers, and can't concentrate very long on one subject ... then the media had us both fooled. It is so much more complicated than that.

I am so grateful that I got desperate enough to consider a book that was "obviously" not meant for ME! :D

All I can say is ... the book has got me pegged. :) I have already started using some of the tips, and I am so pleased with myself. It will take a while to really implement good systems and choose what works best for me in each different area. But at least I understand how to get it all together now.

The book is excellent and chock full of SIMPLE organizing tips and techniques that ANYONE can use, so if you have even ONE area of your life that needs ORGANIZING, Add or NOT, please give this book a read.

Enjoy!

-Rayna
May you find the peace you seek,

-Rayna

GabbyVeg

Post by GabbyVeg » Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:14 am

WOW Rayna, thanks for suggesting that book. I'md efinetely a mess in my house.... many of the things you list in there are true for me. That's one of the goal I have with this program... to be a more organizad person :)
I'll check it out!!!

Thanks for posting ;)

Gab

GirlWisdom

Post by GirlWisdom » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:30 pm

:)Hi Rayna. I have had ADD since I was a child, and I can relate to a lot of things you've mentioned. I want that book! Thanks for the info. Sometimes I get so overwhelmed with what I have to do, that I do get depressed and/or anxious.

Take care
'Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference.'