What To Say When You Talk To Yourself

Attention book lovers! Have a great book to share or recommend? Post your reviews.
Susan Gilbert

Post by Susan Gilbert » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:13 pm

What To Say When You Talk To Yourself by Dr. Shad Helmstetter is great for building your self-esteem. He explains how our brain works and then tells how to use positive self-talk to change ones thinking. It is recommended in Lucinda's Program. It helped me practice what I learned in Lucinda's Program.
Susan

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:10 pm

:cool: I recently started reading Shad's book,I was blown away by what I've read so far and it's really helping me out.

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:11 am

MR.Kris,

I am excited to hear that you like Shad's book. It is my Bible. It helped me put my life into perspective. It has helped me reach goals I never thought I could achieve. Simple but very effective! Enjoy.

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:52 am

I SWEAR by this book. You'll hear me talk about it all the time. It is a GREAT supplement to the program and I'd recommend it to EVERYONE!

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:07 pm

Glad to hear you find this book helpful. I too found this book very complimentary to the prog. I have given away at least 30 of these copies in the last 6 yrs. I feel everyone should read this book.

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:09 pm

What is the name of the book? I will buy it!
Thanks!

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:39 pm

Amen! Awesome book and I too have recommended this one many times.
Just an idea -
Make up a list of the positive self talk statements (might take several pages but it's worth it) and keep it handy to review whenever the mood, need or desire strikes.
Besides an occasional refresher of selected tapes now and then, I find this very helpful to keep reinforcing the positive, empowerment thinking process.
Hugs to all.

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:17 pm

I am reading it right now and I discover that I wasn't giving me positive reinforment by using certain words. I highly recomended, specially if you want to learn re-learn how to have new attitudes and be less negative... BEE POSITIVE :)

Lovelysmile

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:30 am

Reading now From fear to power, just bought what to say when you talk to yourself and feel the fear and do it anyway I will keep you updated on these, fear to power is a good book would reccomend reading

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:22 am

That is one of the best books I've ever read as well. Helps a lot, and makes sense of things. I love all of his books. I also have his cd's as well (Shad), and they are listened to three times a day, something like our relaxation cd.Shad Helmstetter has a web-site and it's awesome!

Hugs