Financial Books/Parenting Books

Attention book lovers! Have a great book to share or recommend? Post your reviews.
Rachel Erickson

Post by Rachel Erickson » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:15 am

Does anyone know of any good financial books that help get your finances under control and get your credit back on track? Also I could use some good parenting books that help me not fly off the handle at my kids for everything that they do. Also they need to be retrained for discipline. They have been let to roam free and do whatever they want. Grandparents have spoiled them rotten and have not helped when it comes to disciplining the children they think they should get away with everything. Everyday I feel it is a struggle and a fight to get them to do anything. I homeschool both of them. Their ages are 6 yr old girl and a 9 yr old boy. I really need help to get them under control, because there is days that all we does is constantly fight, scream, yell, and someone ends up getting upset and it really hurts me to see them that way. I need desperate help please.
Rachel Erickson

sick&tired

Post by sick&tired » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:22 pm

Suzy Orman has a good book that just came out in 2009. I think it references 2009 in the title. You should be able to find it on Amazon.com

RD

neverdefeated

Post by neverdefeated » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:31 am

I am a book junkie: here are some titles that helped me:
Good Debt, Bad Debt by Jon Hanson
Your Money or Your Life by Joe Dominguez, Vicki Robin, Joseph R. Dominguez
9 Steps to Financial Freedom by Suze Orman is a must read.

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:49 am

I think Dave Ramsey is the way to go on Finances. His proven plan is THE way to get out of debt and in control. Check out "The Total Money Makeover" at your bookstore. Enjoy!