"The Empowered Wife" by Laura Doyle

Attention book lovers! Have a great book to share or recommend? Post your reviews.
Stephanie972

"The Empowered Wife" by Laura Doyle

Post by Stephanie972 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:30 pm

This is a wonderful book for wives or girlfriends. I think the book and this program compliment each other really well.

It's an easy read, inspiring, and the skills she describes help/work immediately both with yourself and with your guy.

For example, my recent panic attack: I was convinced it was my husband's fault for changing plans last minute while we were out as a family. Now I see it a different way.

For one, I realized as part of taking responsibility for my self care, I need to relearn this program.

Two, the skills in the book helped me take the negative focus off my husband. If anything, I owed him an apology for yelling at him & being disrespectful (which I did).

And three, this book is helping me see how important it is to "stay on my own page" and to let go thinking I can control anyone or anything but myself.

There's a lot more to this book but I just wanted to introduce it here and hope I can chat with any other "SWEW" (Surrendered Wife, Empowered Woman) fans!

Trouble and doubt within my marriage has always been a huge stress for me. Now that I'm learning new relationship skills and beginning this program again, I'm already feeling much more secure and hopeful.

Kelseystar

Re: "The Empowered Wife" by Laura Doyle

Post by Kelseystar » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:41 pm

Thank you so much for sharing! I love the book men are from mars and women are from Venus. It helped me understand the way that the mans brain thinks. I still find myself over reacting a lot and I feel like I always have to argue to have a relationship, I hope this program helps me. I often feel that I have separation anxiety from my bf. I’m not sure what to do i feel bad that i always want to be clingy to him. Any other advice or thoughts would be great!