The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman

Attention book lovers! Have a great book to share or recommend? Post your reviews.
Crave

Post by Crave » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:25 am

I just wanted to recommend an OUTSTANDING book that I am reading through right now. It's not a book specific to anxiety and depression, but it has really helped me to put some things in perspective, including why I never really felt "loved" by my parents. The book is "The Five Love Languages" by Gary Chapman (there are a bunch of different versions of it, so check out the one most appropriate for your situation - I got the version for singles). It's all about the five different love languages that we all need to be able to "speak" in order to love and be loved. You need to understand what your "primary" love language is, as well as the language that is spoken by significant others in your life. For example, if your love language is "words of affirmation", and your spouse does not know how to "speak" that language, then you will have a very hard time ever feeling truly loved by your spouse. And if your spouse's love language is "physical touch", but you are not good at that, then they will likely not feel loved as well. It's really good stuff!!

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:00 am

Hi Crave
I haven't read this book but I did check out one of Gary's seminars from it on VHS.They had it at the library and it was very insightful and funny and Helpful. He has such a good way of breaking things down. I think Gary is the one that said Men are like Microwaves and Women are like Crockpots. Man if that isnt the truth, haha. I will have to check the book out now.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Jill~

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:02 pm

Hey,
I have that! I forgot about it. I tried listening to it, but, it just didn't make sense to me and plus i had alot of issues back then from my past. I guess, now is probably the right time to listen to it. I got it on 4 part CD's. Thanks, I'm glad on logged on and unto your forum. Jupiter7 :)