Inspirational Quotes

Attention book lovers! Have a great book to share or recommend? Post your reviews.
coachjanine

Re: Inspirational Quotes

Post by coachjanine » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:30 am

“The true spirit of conversation consists more in bringing out the cleverness of others than in showing a great deal of it yourself; he who goes away pleased with himself and his own wit is also greatly pleased with you..”
-Jean de La Brùyere

coachjanine

Post by coachjanine » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:50 pm

You have the gift that only you can give the world - that's the whole reason you are on the planet...the miracle of your existence calls for celebration every day.

Oprah

coachjanine

Post by coachjanine » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:49 pm

This very moment is a seed from which the flowers of tomorrow's happiness grow.

Margaret Lindsey

coachjanine

Post by coachjanine » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:27 am

There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.

GIL

Post by GIL » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:56 am

"I will prepare and someday my chance will come."

--Abraham Lincoln

coachjanine

Post by coachjanine » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:26 pm

“Who is strong? He that can conquer his bad habits.”
-Benjamin Franklin

coachjanine

Post by coachjanine » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:05 am

“If you make it a habit not to blame others, you will feel the growth of the ability to love in your soul, and you will see the growth of goodness in your life.”
-Leo Tolstoy

coachjanine

Post by coachjanine » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:37 am

“They always say that time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself.”
-Andy Warhol

coachjanine

Post by coachjanine » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:23 pm

“Of all the tasks which are set before man in life, the education and management of his character is the most important, and, in order that it should be successfully pursued, it is necessary that he should make a calm and careful survey of his own tendencies, unblinded either by the self-deception which conceals errors and magnifies excellences, or by the indiscriminate pessimism which refuses to recognize his powers for good. He must avoid the fatalism which would persuade him that he has no power over his nature, and he must also clearly recognize that this power is not unlimited.”
-The Map of Life, William Edward Hartpole Lecky

coachjanine

Post by coachjanine » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:09 pm

“Being in bed, having a shower, having breakfast in the kitchen, sitting in my study writing, walking in the garden, cooking and eating our common lunch at my office with my friends, going to the movies, taking my family to eat at a restaurant, going to bed again. There are a few more.
There are surprisingly few of these patterns of events in any one person’s way of life, perhaps no more than a dozen. Look at your own life and you will find the same. It is shocking at first, to see that there are so few patterns of events open to me.
Not that I want more of them. But when I see how very few of them there are, I begin to understand what huge effect these few patterns have on my life, on my capacity to live. If these few patterns are good for me, I can live well. If they are bad for me, I can’t.”
-Christopher Alexander