Beyond Blue - by Therese Borchard

Attention book lovers! Have a great book to share or recommend? Post your reviews.
lcipparone

Beyond Blue - by Therese Borchard

Post by lcipparone » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:11 am

Beyond Blue: Surviving Depression & Anxiety and Making the Most of Bad Genes and The Pocket Therapist: An Emotional Survival Kit. Two books I am currently reading.

My mom had given me Therese's The Pocket Therapist and I just laughed and cried and really could relate to her "scrapbook" like guide to overcoming daily anxieties. I told myself that I would read ONE page per day and I'd end up laying in bed, turning through at least 10 pages - her insights are short, sweet, humorous, witty and very encouraging. It was this reading that inspired me to look into her other works. Beyond Blue takes you to a place where you don't feel alone anymore...it is funny and very informative. As a mother of a 2 year old myself, I could really relate to her stories of being over-stimulated, OCD and anxious about everything. She really will bring out the laughter in you even if you're stuck under a looming black cloud...give the books a chance! Let me know what you think :)