Are there any Writers out there?

Attention book lovers! Have a great book to share or recommend? Post your reviews.
EddyJ

Post by EddyJ » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:49 pm

I am a writer/artist too. I dream of publishing my own graphic novels. I know the feeling of having to work around anxiety and depression. But I find that my writing and illustration helps me when I am feeling the feelings of anxiety/ depression. Instead of using my ideas to scare myself I use them to write or illustrate. The way it affects me though isn't always really in subject matter, but more my ability to finish something. Maybe I lose interest or maybe I'm just self-conscious about it. We are our own biggest critics haha. But I am working on that. I find that when I set goals like, I need to illustrate one page today I tend to stick to it. And it is very rewarding after. It helps to break it down in small parts.
" I feared I was going to lose control. I feel better now. Not because I regained control. But because I realized I never lost it in the first place."

EddyJ

Post by EddyJ » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:51 pm

I agree Rob. I am so glad we have this forum. Sometimes it feels lonely just listening to CD's and reading the books. I have found alot of comfort knowing others just like me are out there experiencing and feeling the same things I am

I am so grateful

Eddy
" I feared I was going to lose control. I feel better now. Not because I regained control. But because I realized I never lost it in the first place."

nlandseadel

Post by nlandseadel » Wed May 12, 2010 4:04 pm

Hello there,
I started writing a book last summer. I would work on it everyday and had almost 15k words and then my doctor put me on prozac which not only did not help the anxiety, it made me have several depression which i never had before. I stopped taking it a month after starting it. That was last sept 2009. I just picked my writing back up. The block isn't completely gone and I not sure what to do about it. The thing that kind of makes me mad is that if I never took the prozac my book might have been done by now. Anybody try hypnosis to try an unblock their writing ablities?