The secret to letting go.

Attention book lovers! Have a great book to share or recommend? Post your reviews.
Iwillbebetter

The secret to letting go.

Post by Iwillbebetter » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:56 am

I am not completely done with the book yet, I'm at 72%. I purchased the book while in session 6, as they recommended you read something on forgiveness. Which is what I thought this would be more about. I have found it to be soooo much more than that.
I was also starting to feel kind of down, I don't know stuck in a rut. or as Lucinda said I was/am in that spot where you know you can't continue to be who you were, but you are not quite sure how to be the you that you are becoming. Anyway, this book has helped me to pull myself out of that. It really goes with the program and seperating yourself from your feelings. Bringing the negative to the light where it looses it's power. etc. Anyway I would recommend this book to all that are trying to bring change to their lifes!!!
It is really the secret of letting go of you NEGATIVE self and learning to become your "true" self!!

The secret of letting go - written by Guy Finely
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

Iwillbebetter

Re: The secret to letting go.

Post by Iwillbebetter » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:38 am

Well I have finished the book and I loved it!! :) For anyone that has trouble seperating themselves from their feelings. So often in life our feelings guide us, instead of us guiding our feelings... A lot of what I got out of it is our "negativity" lives in a dark place. We can't see it for what it truely is. Learning to bring it to the light allows us to see it for what it truely is, once we can see it for what it is, it's control diminishes.

I don't know if it would help you, but it sure helped me :) :)
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:32 pm

Thanks for your book review ! I am looking for my next good book to read and this one may be it !

Lynda

darlafred

Post by darlafred » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:57 am

I am half way thru reading this book and I love it. My aniexty level dropped down that I do not even think about it.
I am learning to think about myself, which I never did. I was always a people pleaser now I please myself. My husband has
noticed the difference he doesn't really like it, because I am changing I want to live a peaceful stress free life. I know in life this cannot always be, but you can catch it before you false self as the book refers brings you to that dark place. I recommend this book, I don't want to finish it, because I am learning so much. Darla

darlafred

Post by darlafred » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:02 am

Also I underlined some quotes so I can go back and read this has been an uplifting book, I feel wonderful, I was an negative person, I would always try to look at things in a postive way, this book shows you step by step how to do it. Again
love the book... :)

Eric McLin

Post by Eric McLin » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:35 am

Thank you for suggesting this book.