Don't sweat the small stuff and it's all small stuff

Attention book lovers! Have a great book to share or recommend? Post your reviews.
Iwillbebetter

Don't sweat the small stuff and it's all small stuff

Post by Iwillbebetter » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:48 am

I just started taking the kids to the library and decided to look on my own a little also. Boy am I glad I did!!! I got this book called "Don't sweat the small stuff..... and it's all small stuff" I just got it on Saturday and am already 1/2 done. I really like that the "paragraphs" are only 1-3 pages long and it's a small book so the 1-3 pages is probably equal to 1 normal sized page. I think it falls right into place with the program. It also gives simple idea's to help with your happiness. Simple things like.... when you wake in the morning think of one person to thank. or to practice simple acts of kindness (without telling ANYONE)

There are many things that I think will help out with adjusting my thinking or simply the way I see things. Like to see everyone as enlightened EXEPT YOU. It basically says to look at everyone as they are there to teach you something and try to figure out what that may be. Then instead of focusing on what they have done to upset you, you can focus on how that can help you!!

Anyway I think this is a GREAT book and I plan to purchase it so I can re-read it when needed.

** Happy reading **
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

samcat

Re: Don't sweat the small stuff and it's all small stuff

Post by samcat » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:50 pm

I agree with Iwillbe better. I bought a variation of this little book at my local Kroger's grocery store in the card section. It is called "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff--100 0f the best Inspirations from the best-selling series". I have also seen it sold at Walgreen's. It is now being printed by Hallmark gift books and costs $15.00. Lucinda talks about getting a little book to read to help motivate you and I think this fills the bill for that. What Richard Carlson, PhD, says in these books certainly fits right in with what we are trying to learn in our program--to be more positive, get more joy out of life, appreciate the present moments and not be perfectionists--i. e., to roll with life and focus more on the good stuff.

Iwillbebetter

Post by Iwillbebetter » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:16 am

I went on ebay to buy it and wow there are many variations, for relationships, work, and more. There is even a version of the one I got that comes with a workbook and excersizes.I think I am going to get that one. But I couldn't seem to decide :lol: imagine that huh :lol:
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

samcat

Post by samcat » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:47 am

You are right, He has made a good living writing all the variations. lol. I think your version was the original, then he branched out to other topics. Sounds like you got a good one, especially having a workbook and exercises too. Hope it helps!!