Book suggestions for obsessive scary thoughts?

Attention book lovers! Have a great book to share or recommend? Post your reviews.
I love JPC

Book suggestions for obsessive scary thoughts?

Post by I love JPC » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:41 pm

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had any good reading suggestions for overcoming fear of obsessive scary thoughts?

WW

Re: Book suggestions for obsessive scary thoughts?

Post by WW » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:39 pm

Any CBT book would be good for that but my favorite is Been There, Done That? Do This! by Sam Obitzhttp://www.tao3.com. The TEA form exercise in it is great for changing and eliminating those scary thoughts.

egriff

Post by egriff » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:58 pm

WW wrote:Any CBT book would be good for that but my favorite is Been There, Done That? Do This! by Sam Obitzhttp://www.tao3.com. The TEA form exercise in it is great for changing and eliminating those scary thoughts.
I would echo the above advice. CBT is the way to go and the TEA forms are still helping me :)

WW

Post by WW » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:14 pm

egriff wrote:
WW wrote:Any CBT book would be good for that but my favorite is Been There, Done That? Do This! by Sam Obitzhttp://www.tao3.com. The TEA form exercise in it is great for changing and eliminating those scary thoughts.
I would echo the above advice. CBT is the way to go and the TEA forms are still helping me :)
Thanks for the backup Egriff. I hope you are well?

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:15 pm

Okay, I finally ordered this Sam Obitz book and I should be getting it in the mail
in the next few days, then I finally understand what these TEA forms are.
Lynda

Iwillbebetter

Post by Iwillbebetter » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:51 am

I have been thinking about ordering this book also. I have heard a bit about it. especially on here. Let me know what you think when you get it. :) I will probably order it when I'm doing with the book I'm reading now... the "what to say when you talk to yourself"....
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:52 pm

dear iwillbebetter: I think I tried to read the book that you are reading, but I could not get into it.
Is it that book that talks a lot about "programming" and was the book written quite a few years ago?
I think it is a little paperback book, right ? I think this was a book that was recommended reading
from the workbook in Lucinda's program.
Lynda

egriff

Post by egriff » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:01 pm

WW wrote:
egriff wrote:
Thanks for the backup Egriff. I hope you are well?
Doing great thanks!

egriff

Post by egriff » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:02 pm

LyndaLu wrote:Okay, I finally ordered this Sam Obitz book and I should be getting it in the mail
in the next few days, then I finally understand what these TEA forms are.
Lynda
I think you'll like it. It's an easy read and the TEA forms are really simple but also really effective when used regularly :)

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:07 pm

I am done reading the book and I did some "TEA forms" this evening :) . It went pretty well, but I think it will take me
some time to get used to writing my thoughts down on paper. I cannot always identify the specific "error" and this
is what trips me up. How exact do I have to be on the "error" part :?: . It is hard to know what my own thoughts mean.
I am sure with some practice, I will get the hang of it :shock: . I am probably just over analyzing everything and making this
task much harder than it really has to be :? . Does everyone really do this TEA form every day, I mean
writing it down on paper, not just thinking it in their head :?: . Wish me luck :!: .
PS: Does it bother anyone else that the time and date are wrong on all of my postings on this website! Ugh.
It is not 2am here and it is not April 12th either :roll: . It is April 11th at 7pm.
That's all for now, Lynda Lu