Book suggestions for obsessive scary thoughts?

Attention book lovers! Have a great book to share or recommend? Post your reviews.
egriff

Re: Book suggestions for obsessive scary thoughts?

Post by egriff » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:57 pm

LyndaLu wrote:I am done reading the book and I did some "TEA forms" this evening :) . It went pretty well, but I think it will take me
some time to get used to writing my thoughts down on paper. I cannot always identify the specific "error" and this
is what trips me up. How exact do I have to be on the "error" part :?: . It is hard to know what my own thoughts mean.
I am sure with some practice, I will get the hang of it :shock: . I am probably just over analyzing everything and making this
task much harder than it really has to be :? . Does everyone really do this TEA form every day, I mean
writing it down on paper, not just thinking it in their head :?: . Wish me luck :!: .
PS: Does it bother anyone else that the time and date are wrong on all of my postings on this website! Ugh.
It is not 2am here and it is not April 12th either :roll: . It is April 11th at 7pm.
That's all for now, Lynda Lu
Hi Lynda,
Good for you for getting started on the TEA forms. It is a simple exercise, but hard to do well and takes practice. The better you get at snagging the underlying thoughts on paper the better you will get at countering them and that's when the real progress accelerated for me. YES you definitely need to do them on paper. It's just like they told you in school how note taking makes you learn more, there's something about the process of putting this stuff on paper that helps re-train our brains. You are cheating yourself if you don't do them on paper everyday for at least a year or two in my experience. Let me know if you have any questions?

I never noticed the time thing? Must be based on where the site's server is located?

lilchrissy

Post by lilchrissy » Mon May 14, 2012 5:59 pm

The TEA forms are easy to do, but hard to do well. Like anything they take practice. The more concise you are in your thoughts and counter thoughts the more effective they become. Admittedly my early efforts on them were not all that concise but they are now :) Patience and persistence are the key I think. You definitely need to do them every day. I still do them for a few minutes each day and they help energize me to get going.

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Tue May 15, 2012 2:13 pm

lilchrissy wrote:The TEA forms are easy to do, but hard to do well. Like anything they take practice. The more concise you are in your thoughts and counter thoughts the more effective they become. Admittedly my early efforts on them were not all that concise but they are now :) Patience and persistence are the key I think. You definitely need to do them every day. I still do them for a few minutes each day and they help energize me to get going.

Glad to hear from you again !

Lynda Lu :)

egriff

Post by egriff » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:22 pm

HI Lynda. Just saw your posts and wondering how things are going for you now? I hope you are having success :)

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:58 am

egriff wrote:HI Lynda. Just saw your posts and wondering how things are going for you now? I hope you are having success :)

The next couple of months will be interesting ones.
I have a lot of things that I have to think about, my brain hurts !
Hope you are having a great summer, it is hotter than heck here in Arizona !
PS: I need a great book to read, any suggestions from anyone out there ?
Lynda Lu :)

egriff

Post by egriff » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:30 pm

Hi Lynda I hope you got through the hot summer and are enjoying the Fall temps now :D

WW

Post by WW » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:47 pm

lilchrissy wrote:The TEA forms are easy to do, but hard to do well. Like anything they take practice. The more concise you are in your thoughts and counter thoughts the more effective they become. Admittedly my early efforts on them were not all that concise but they are now :) Patience and persistence are the key I think. You definitely need to do them every day. I still do them for a few minutes each day and they help energize me to get going.
Another amazing post Chrissy! This is why you are my go-to CBT person :D

egriff

Post by egriff » Fri May 24, 2013 6:36 pm

I agree WW about Chrissy. Lynda would love to hear an update on how you are doing? I hope you are well :D

egriff

Post by egriff » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:39 pm

Got a notification for this thread but it appears I was the last one to post here?