Chicken Soup for the Soul scares me, sounds crazy, huh?

Attention book lovers! Have a great book to share or recommend? Post your reviews.
Pauly J

Post by Pauly J » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:00 pm

Hi all, don't get me wrong the Chicken Soup books are wonderful and inspirational, however, for me when I start reading and it gets to parts where people face health issues, i feel like what if thats me or my family member? Then my mind would start "What-ifing!" I don't like to think of anyone suffering thats why I try to not read stuff or watch stuff that can bring upon that feeling for me! I know its kinda strange, does anyone else have that issue? Thanks!

Goldark9

Re: Chicken Soup for the Soul scares me, sounds crazy, huh?

Post by Goldark9 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:35 pm

i had a hard time with that as a kid my mother drank till she was sick. i took care of her it was so hard on me i was nine years old. but trust in your self and it gets better i give you my word.

coachjanine

Post by coachjanine » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:35 am

Pauly, This is coach Janine. I used to be afraid to watch Some Disney movies! Imagine that. Anxiety does some crazy things to us. I was afraid to read Lucinda's book From Panic to Power, because I thought my family or me would suffer from all of the things that happened to people. As you move through this program, those fears will go away:)
Janine

coachjanine

Post by coachjanine » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:49 am

The feeling of being hurried is not usually the result of living a full life and having no time. It is on the contrary born of a vague fear that we are wasting our life. When we do not do the one thing we ought to do, we have no time for anything else."
- Eric Hoffer