Great CBT starter book from sufferer POV

Attention book lovers! Have a great book to share or recommend? Post your reviews.
Arlenez

Post by Arlenez » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:33 am

It's a really approachable book and encouraging as well. It breaks cbt down to a few simple exercises that really work well if you commit to doing them. The TEA form has been especially helpful for me. Hope you feel better soon!

lilchrissy

Post by lilchrissy » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:12 pm

Originally posted by WW: Still have not hooked up with my old therapist but I am not beating myself up over it. Just so busy now that I am out in the world more.
Glad you are not beating yourself up over this. When you are ready and the time is right I am sure you will do it and it will be great!

WW

Post by WW » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:18 am

Originally posted by lilchrissy:
Originally posted by WW: Still have not hooked up with my old therapist but I am not beating myself up over it. Just so busy now that I am out in the world more.
Glad you are not beating yourself up over this. When you are ready and the time is right I am sure you will do it and it will be great!
Thanks Chrissy :) You always make me feel better with your kind words. I hope you are doing GREAT!

JR5, Glad my absence absolved some of your guilt! LOL!

lilchrissy

Post by lilchrissy » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:45 am

I am doing just fine WW thanks for asking. How are things with you? Also thanks for the compliment...I'm blushing now lol.

a.marble1

Post by a.marble1 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:00 pm

Hey LilChrissy,
You are a great inspiration :D
How often do you reccommend doing TEA forms? and how "necessary" or beneficial do you believe David Burns' "Feeling Good" is to recovery?

egriff

Post by egriff » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:46 am

Originally posted by a.marble1:
Hey LilChrissy,
You are a great inspiration :D
How often do you reccommend doing TEA forms? and how "necessary" or beneficial do you believe David Burns' "Feeling Good" is to recovery?

Chrissy and others have been at this longer than I have but for what it is worth I try and do them everyday. I think you have to stay on top of them because the goal is to create new habits in the way you think and react and they have helped me immensely.
I used the other exercises in the book at first but only use the TEA forms now and have been doing well and feel like they continue to help and make me grow more.

a.marble1

Post by a.marble1 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:45 pm

Thanks egriff! :) Yeah they have helped me immensely as well!

egriff

Post by egriff » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:51 am

You're welcome and I am happy they are helping you also :)
Have a Merry Christmas!!!

WW

Post by WW » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:54 pm

Originally posted by a.marble1:
Thanks egriff! :) Yeah they have helped me immensely as well!
Sounds like you are doing great a.marble!!! Keep it up and if I am any indication it will continue to get even better... a few bumps here and there of course, but overall better and better :)

lilchrissy

Re: Great CBT starter book from sufferer POV

Post by lilchrissy » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:17 am

WW, see my other post to you. I think a lot of posts here are attributed to you that are not yours now?