Great CBT starter book from sufferer POV

Attention book lovers! Have a great book to share or recommend? Post your reviews.
lilchrissy

Post by lilchrissy » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:16 am

Hi everyone. Great to see you guys still doing well and chiming in to help others :)

WW, did you get together for coffee yet and if you did how did it go?

WW

Post by WW » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:28 am

I bet you are proud to get so many props on here and not just from me anymore :)
I feel horrible that I still have not hooked up with my old therapist for coffee but we did try and then I got busy and forgot but I am gonna call her again today and try and set something up. Thanks again for the reminder. How are you doing?

lilchrissy

Post by lilchrissy » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:32 pm

I would say thankful and appreciative rather than proud. I see pride as a selfish emotion. Thanks for the kind words as always.

Don't beat yourself up it will happen when it happens and I'll look forward to hearing about how it goes whenever that is :)

I am doing great and so thankful for that how are you doing? I hope everyone here is ready for the extra stress that comes with the year end holidays.

JR5

Post by JR5 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:08 am

Originally posted by WW:
You're welcome JR5. I hope you are continuing to feel better each day :)
I don't know if I am feeling better every single day, but it has been the most constant and positive upward trend I have ever experienced. I'm not using the wrist counter everyday but whenever I hit a rough time i put it back on and it lifts me back up really quickly. How are you doing? Have a great holiday and sorry I have not had much time to check in here.

lilchrissy

Post by lilchrissy » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:41 pm

Good job JR! Everyone progresses at their own pace and it sounds like you are doing great :)
Never judge yourself by others results because there are too many variables to why some do better or worse than others.

I hope everyone here got through the holidays well and is having a good beginning to the new year :)

WW

Post by WW » Wed May 19, 2010 9:30 am

Originally posted by lilchrissy:
I would say thankful and appreciative rather than proud. I see pride as a selfish emotion. Thanks for the kind words as always.

Don't beat yourself up it will happen when it happens and I'll look forward to hearing about how it goes whenever that is :)

I am doing great and so thankful for that how are you doing? I hope everyone here is ready for the extra stress that comes with the year end holidays.
Sorry for my extended absence but it has been because I have been feeling good and selfishly lost track of time and forgot to check in. Still have not hooked up with my old therapist but I am not beating myself up over it. Just so busy now that I am out in the world more. Time really does fly when you are having fun and I am making up for lost time now :)
I sincerely hope all is well with you Chrissy and please do keep in touch you are helping so many m,ore than you know!

WW

Post by WW » Wed May 19, 2010 9:33 am

Originally posted by JR5:
Originally posted by WW:
You're welcome JR5. I hope you are continuing to feel better each day :)
I don't know if I am feeling better every single day, but it has been the most constant and positive upward trend I have ever experienced. I'm not using the wrist counter everyday but whenever I hit a rough time i put it back on and it lifts me back up really quickly. How are you doing? Have a great holiday and sorry I have not had much time to check in here.
I've been away more than you lol. I didn't mean for you to take my better every day wish so literally. Really what I meant is that I hope you are staying on top of your TEA forms like I have and feeling the general upward trend you mentioned :)
Let me know how you are doing now?

JR5

Post by JR5 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:34 pm

Originally posted by lilchrissy:
Good job JR! Everyone progresses at their own pace and it sounds like you are doing great :)
Never judge yourself by others results because there are too many variables to why some do better or worse than others.

I hope everyone here got through the holidays well and is having a good beginning to the new year :)
I used to have a real problem comparing myself to others but I am winning that battle. Thanks for the uplifting posts and I am still on my upward trend so thanks to all who have put up with my questions and encouraged me here :cool:

JR5

Post by JR5 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:36 pm

QUOTE]
I've been away more than you lol. I didn't mean for you to take my better every day wish so literally. Really what I meant is that I hope you are staying on top of your TEA forms like I have and feeling the general upward trend you mentioned :)
Let me know how you are doing now?[/QUOTE]

At risk of doing what I just posted I don't do do anymore (compare myself to others) I do get some comfort in seeing you have not posted a lot recently either :p

JT_Money

Post by JT_Money » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:10 am

Based on this thread I just ordered this book. I'm on session 3 of Lucinda's program, but hit a really rough patch today.