Reading helps me so I want to share

Attention book lovers! Have a great book to share or recommend? Post your reviews.
Iam_fireproof

Post by Iam_fireproof » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:30 pm

Hi everyone, I love reading and have read quite a few of books that have really helped me. I wanted to share and hear others opinions.
Battlefield of the Mind book and the devotional by Joyce Meyer
"This deals a lot with how we can choose our thoughts by choosing to not dwell on things, be careful what you put into yourself, such as what you watch on t.v., etc."
21 ways to have peace and happiness by Joyce Meyer
"This book talks about how if we want to have peace, we need to pursue it. It is divided into 3 sections: peace with God, peace with yourself, and peace with others.
New Day, New You devotional by Joyce Meyer
This is a 1 year devotional with readings that deal with a lot of different topics, such as forgiveness, stress, anger, prayer, gossip, etc
Stormie by Stormie Omartian
"This is her story of growing up in an abusive home with a mentally ill mother, becoming an adult and dealing with depression, doing drugs, drinking alcohol, then giving her life to Jesus and the rocky journey she had in getting healed."
Lord I want to be whole by Stormie Omartian
"This book goes more in depth on the steps she took to get healed. Talking primarily on prayer, fasting, exercise, meditation, praise, and scripture."
Praise: The prayer that changes everything by Stormie Omartian
"This books talks about praising God in everyday life and offers insights on applying it to your life"
Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren
"Deals with the question, what is our purpose? and to sum up his opinion, we were made by God and need to look to Him for meaning.
God’s Answers to Life’s Difficult Questions by Rick Warren
"Offers insights on a wide range of topics, the one that really stood to me is on stress."
Hope to hear from others soon, Ashley

MichiganMom

Post by MichiganMom » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:14 pm

I love Joyce Meyer!!

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:40 am

I also found some good books at i-proclaim.com
getting rid of hidden fears and how I got rid of panic and anxiety and other things.hope this helps as well.

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:43 am

I'll have to check that website out.

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:22 am

Hi Ashley,
I am a lover of Joyce Meyers, Anita Corrine Donahue, and Stormie O'Martin. I have read all the books and devotionals. Have you ever read Joyce's book "Being Confident" something like that...it talks about being confident in your relationship with God, and yourself. I gave mine away, trying to help someone else. But I wish I still had it. Isn't that like one of us? Always trying to help someone else? I want to read "The Shack" but I couldn't get anyone to pick it up for me since I don't usually leave the house. I guess that will be one of the first test since receiving the kit. I go when I have to, but not for enjoyment purposes...I don't know why!!! I guess I'll have to go out and get it myself! yick!

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:21 am

Thanks for all the great book recommendations, another one by Stormie Omartian is Just Enough Light for the Step I'm On. It helps to focus on the now and very inspirational.

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:19 am

I can't believe I haven't been to this section of the forum before. :roll: What a gift right when I need it. :D

Thanks,
kittylover

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:15 am

Thrasher,

I found your comment interesting...the fact that we..the victims of depression, anxiety, and panic disorders are always wanting to help someone else. It's so hard not to want to help. I just began Lucind's program. I am beginning disc 3 today..and in the last session she said not to share your cards, tapes, etc with anyone while you are in the program, and I agree with that. But I myself, still coming out of an acute crisis, found myself in a position where I could or could not help a friend last week. I gave her an inch but felt like I gave her a mile. I felt a bit overwhelmed. Do you feel like that as well if you try to help others while you yourself are still not 100% yet? That book sounds interesting - I am going to have to order a copy off of amazon :) Thanks for the suggestion!