What to Say When You Talk To Yourself

Attention book lovers! Have a great book to share or recommend? Post your reviews.
anmlluver

Post by anmlluver » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:39 am

I have a really great book for all of you to check out . It is called Battle field of the mind by Joyce Meyer. It talks about how our thoughts can create so much of our troubles and how to change that. I hope that this book helps some one . I thought that it was a really great book.

cindylou

Post by cindylou » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:19 pm

anmlluver,
Loved that book too! thanks for reminding me that I have it on hand -going to lend it to a friend tomorrow.
God bless and hugs to you.

waterdrinker1

Post by waterdrinker1 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:14 pm

Does any one know if this book is in audio? I have a hard time with concentration. So when I read sometimes i find myself just forgetting what I have read....thanks

P.S. I started this book a few times...lol

Kathryn Tristan

Post by Kathryn Tristan » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:08 pm

Hi,
I haven't read this book, but did hear of it. I found that I could turn around not just some but all of the negatives tugging me into anxiety and stress. They say we have 100,000 thoughts per day and 70% are redundant and negative. I have overcome my anxiety and agoraphobia by thinking differently and that was a huge part of it. I wrote about this extensively in my book "Anxiety Rescue - Simple Strategies to Stop Fear from Ruling Your Life." I think we can all learn to become the leader of our thoughts rather than the follower of our fears. It just takes some concerted effort to become aware of those thoughts and our negative self chatter! Bless all!

YogaMama

Post by YogaMama » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:13 pm

catrisch-

I have the exact same emotions. A very spiritual and good friend of mine suggested I take the topic head on and Read Elisabeth Kubler Ross. She worked with dying patients her entire career. She had a very interesting life. I have only started on the books. of course, being the obsessive person I am, i ordered all of her books from the library at once. It is a topic that i am very afraid of and in fact haven't the courage to read on the topic except a little bit in the morning. I am always afraid of reading something so sad that it will trigger a panic/ depression.

I love reading SARK ( Susan Ariel Rainbow Kennedy) She talks on her website about the death of her mother. It is quite moving the tribute she has to her. I am currently reading "Eat Mangoes Naked" It is inspiring and sad and happy all at once.

With much hope for finding joy in the everyday experience rather that fear. Give yourself over to Faith and Courage and appreciate each moment we are given!

DPantoja

Post by DPantoja » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:39 am

:p I just reread the book What to Say When You Talk To Yourself, and I found it very helpful to record myself on my MP3 player. It's so light and compact I take it everywhere. I've even downloaded my entire program of attacking anxiety and depession on it, so I have the program right at my fingertips anywhere I am any time of the day or night. Even my relaxation cd is on it. I love it! Wow, congradulations to Kathryn Trinstan for writing your own book. I will look for it. I hope I can find it online. Looking foward to reading it. Anxiety Rescue, hmmm sounds good. I'm always looking for a good book to read. Right now I'm reading the devotional book of Your Best Life Now by Joel Osteen. I just love it. Is there any other good book recommendations out there?

Dee :cool:

DPantoja

Post by DPantoja » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:44 am

waterdrinker1 I have a suggestion, I sometimes read parts of my Bible or parts of books that I like right onto my MP3 Player. So maybe you can read the book to yourself and record yourself reading the book outloud then relisten to yourself over so you can concentrate on it while you listen to yourself read. You can also record your own affirmations on it. Just a suggestions ;)
Dee